• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Thanks for everyones good wishes and hugs...........

mandy4727

Came out of hospital on Wednesday at 2.00pm. Was admitted at 07.30 on the 2 Jan. Went to surgery at 9.00 and was in for 8 hours. Doped up on morphine which is fab by the way. Managed to eat my tea and keep it down. They took me off the morphine the next day (sods) and had to make do with paracetamol (bit of a difference there). Found it very difficult to sleep due to the discomfort in my back, side and front and all the noises in the hospital. Even sleeping tablets didn't work. I had a quick peak and the surgeon has done a brill job matching it to my other boob. Which hopefully when the swellings go down the two will match but he has said if I am not happy with the final result he will do then again so I am happy. All my drains are now out (what a horrid feeling that is when they are taken out - you can feel them all moving about being dragged under your skin as they remove them!!) I have no stitches at all as I have been glued together - great. Was talking to a lady who had hers done a couple of years ago and she had new nipples tattooed on and she showed me (don't ask) and the results were amazing. So I am going to treat myself in summer to two new tattooed ones so I can feel and look "normal" again. Thanks to everyone who sent their kind vibes and hugs they really seemed to work. The next hurdle is the results of the lump that was removed in two weeks time to find out if I need chemo or not as the next part of treatment. Sasha (dog) was so pleased to see me when I got home it made it all worth while. But the cats and horse just looked at me and carried doing what they were doing. And there was me worrying about them all.................

Oh it's lovely to hear you sounding so bright - have been thinking about you.
Glad the op went so well - sounds like you have an excellent surgeon there.

Bless the animals - we always worry more about them than the other way round.

Take it easy for a while - I think you will find you may have some stiffness and it's hard to raise your arm for a bit.

We're thinking lots of positive thoughts for you - hoping that it will be the best possible news about the lump too.

Been wondering how you were doing! So glad you are home and recovering. Fingers crossed and prayers for continued recovery.

:flwr:Welcome home:flwr: and I hope you get GOOD news with your test results on the lump. :xfngr:

Lots of us have thought about you and will continue to keep you in our prayers as you await your test results. Isn't it wonderful how our dogs are so happy to see us?! No matter whether it is five minutes, five hours or five days, we are greeted with wagging tails, happy barks and/or lots of kisses. :hug::hug:to you and to Sasha.

Great news -- I'm glad you're doing so well. And I'm really happy that you can already tell that you'll look good cosmetically, too.

Best wishes, prayers, and good thoughts on the biopsy!

Glad to hear you're home and on the mend. Your surgeon sounds wonderful!

Sending hugs and prayers to you for a positive outcome and quick recovery! :)

I've been thinking of you and wondering how you were doing! Thanks for coming on to let us know. :) I am amazed that you've been 'glued together' though -- extraordinary what they are able to do now. I bet for the surgeons it's like putting together model airplanes!! :lol: My mind boggles at tattooed nipples but why not? It makes sense and I can see how that would really work well. Keep healing! :flwr:

It's great to hear you sounding so upbeat about what you've been through. I really hope and pray the test results are ok, we are here for you whatever happens.

I've heard of tattooed nipples but never seen any! Tempted to google it but you have to be careful what you type into google!!!:rolleyes:

I'm pleased to hear your home and feeling better, now just a little bit more forum magic for you to get good news on your lump results :xfngr: good luck

It's great to hear you sounding so upbeat about what you've been through. I really hope and pray the test results are ok, we are here for you whatever happens.

I've heard of tattooed nipples but never seen any! Tempted to google it but you have to be careful what you type into google!!!:rolleyes:

Yes. You do have to be careful how you type it in google. The mind boggles at what sites there are out there. If you put either masectomy, or reconstruction in or reconstruction you get sites that are a bit more what we you are looking for.

The surgeon seems to really take time to make sure that the nipple matches your other one. But as I have had cancer twice now they can really go to town as as they have nothing to match it to. Hopefully fingers crossed they will both be the same.

The swelling has started to reduce and the "new boob" is looking a bit more normal.

Having trouble getting to sleep and finding a comfortable position to sleep in avoiding scars, wounds, etc etc. But getting there.

Have an appointment on Friday at 11.10 to tell me what type of cancer it was and also what my next course of treatment is. But from what I can gather because of my young age (41) they want to fire everything at me to get rid of it. So will have to have chemo. Been there done that and don't really want it again. So will have my hair cut really short ready for the baldy bit...................Must admit I did like it short and spikey it was so easy to do and I think it suited me. But willl wait and see what Friday brings.

Thanks everyone. It is so lovely to hear everyones kind words and thoughts they mean so much to me and my family.

aloha, so happy you are on the mend and feeling so much better. continued good wishes to you. I recently got a short new cut too and I am liking it as well. very easy for sure. warmest aloha vikki

Thanks for Everyones good wishes and Hugs

Mandy ,I had'nt realized that you were already a Member of The Club!!!!

All the Best for tomorrow .

Bet

It's so good to hear from you. Sounds like you are on the mend and everything is going fine. Keep us informed.

Back