PDA

View Full Version : 18 puppy mill rescues coming in....

SHANO
16th January 2008, 05:29 AM
Some of you may have heard of the "Iowa 7" that came into rescue through the Greater Chicago Cavalier Rescue (GCCR) back in November. Well, that same puppy miller is surrendering 18 more Cavaliers into rescue. Ten of them are coming into the hands of GCCR and eight of them to Cavalier Rescue USA.

As you all may surely know, it can take quite a bit of funding to rehab and fix up these dogs, so I urge you to please donate to both organizations if you can.

I'm sure there will be more updates to come!

Thanks!

cy1266
16th January 2008, 04:12 PM
Shannon,
I also live in the Chicago suburbs and would like to get involved with the Greater Chicago Cavalier Rescue. I wish I could foster, but we're already above the maximum number of pets allowed in our condo :rolleyes: - luckily we were "grandfathered" in since it was a new building!

Should I just fill out an application on the website to start the process? I was involved with Furry Friends Foundation in Chicago for 5 years and I would love to get involved in another local shelter.

Thanks!
Carrie

SHANO
16th January 2008, 06:47 PM
Yes, please fill out a volunteer application! I just recently started helping out and it's so rewarding. We've got a lot going on this weekend w/ the dogs coming in, and we're actually all getting together on Sunday, so sign up! Thanks for your support!

cy1266
16th January 2008, 07:50 PM
Thanks Shannon! I sent in my application online...I'd love to help out in any way I can...

Theresa
19th January 2008, 11:50 PM
When are you expecting all these doggies???