PDA

View Full Version : online pet medication sites???

amia
17th January 2008, 01:22 AM
has anyone used any of these sites??

TriTitch
17th January 2008, 02:12 AM
I have used http://www.hyperdrug.com for worming powder and found them to charge exactly the same as my vets,package arrived through my door extremely quickly(2 days)and I was very impressed :)
As soon as my spot on flea stuff runs out that I got from the vets last I shall be ordering it from there - a lot less hassle,delivered to your door and for the same price(or slightly less) - Its a win/win situation ;)

Karlin
17th January 2008, 02:16 AM
Check this recent discussion as it has a few recommendations:

http://board.cavaliertalk.com/showthread.php?t=22401

Just be sure any meds site is a valid site -- there are many pirate sites selling fake meds and you'd not know what was in them.

CavyMom
17th January 2008, 03:24 PM
I was going to say the same thing as Karlin - ALot of times they'll even imitate the packaging and you'll have no idea you're giving your dog a fake medication! Be very very careful, also sometimes the drug manufactures won't stand behind their product if you don't buy it from a vet!

amia
17th January 2008, 05:12 PM
thanks for the advise.i definitely dont want to give my dogs fake medication.its just i was looking on petmeds and bestpetpharmacy and they do ninas eye drops for half the price at the vets.£40 at vets and £21-£24 on those two sites.and she needs them every month so if i can get the same genuine drops there for cheaper i thought id look into it.

merlinsmum
18th January 2008, 01:53 PM
Try vet-medic.com - this is part of Manor Pharmacy group. This is a genuine place ( I know I was on site yesterday!) - they are also contactable by phone and they have a vet and a pharmacist on hand on site.

simonrickell
19th January 2008, 09:51 PM
I use them all the time.
Well since Guinness started on heart medication.

Prescription drugs are generally free p&p and all ours have come in good time.

Look around for the best price, then go to petmeds and get a further 5% off.

hollyandmel
19th January 2008, 10:12 PM
yes i use vet uk and get my frontline and drontal from there

much cheeper than the vets

Brian M
19th January 2008, 10:41 PM
Vetuk for me as well

Cavvygirl
19th January 2008, 11:39 PM
I have used Hyperdrug, our vet told me to check for a uk address and telephone number.:)