PDA

View Full Version : SORTED: Transport: Belfast to Stranraer

Karlin
17th January 2008, 04:08 PM
Murphy the cavalier needs to go from Belfast to Stranraer where he will be met at the other side. He can go with a foot passenger -- he will be in a crate and the crate has to stay on the car deck.

If anyone will be making this crossing in the near future or indeed anywhere to Scotland and could take him as well, please let me know as I can get him to Belfast. If anyone can take him as a foot passenger I will cover ferry costs and throw in a big bag of James Wellbeloved dog food and a couple of cavalier calendars as a bonus payment!

One alternative is if anyone is taking the ferry from Dublin or Belfast to Liverpool...

Lisa_T
18th January 2008, 03:03 AM
See pm!

ETA: I've asked a friend if she can cover my two on, say, Monday. If she can and no-one else can help sooner, I'm certainly willing to make the return trip.

...and pray that it's not stormy.

Karlin
18th January 2008, 09:50 AM
Thanks, Lisa! He doesn't need to go urgently, and I can't get him up there on a Monday as I have deadlines (and a doctor's appt this week), but may well come back to you to arrange a convenient day. I'm trying to see if anyone might be doing this anyway so it is of least inconvenience to bring him over.

Nick
18th January 2008, 09:56 AM
Hi Karlin,

I'm not sure if this helps, but we are going from Rosslare to Fishguard (South Wales) in February. We'd be happy to bring Murphy, if your other plans don't work out.

merlinsmum
18th January 2008, 01:03 PM
Where abouts in Scotland will he be going?

If anyone is coming over to Liverpool I could pick up and take to Scotland - would need to know dates as i would need to book a holiday from work.

Lisa_T
18th January 2008, 01:26 PM
Obviously it is most convenient if someone is making the trip anyway! Let me know if you do need me to go, and the offer re foster for a few hours/night/couple of nights before stands.

Karlin
18th January 2008, 08:12 PM
He is going up to Mull.

Thanks so much for all the offers -- I am trying to do this in the least stressful way for this dog and the briefest journey time. He can very occasionally be reactive with people hence he is best in his crate where he is comfortable -- and can't really be taken out in most circumstances. He has been fine 99% of the time in his long term foster home but I'd rather not put most people in the position of needing to take him out if they have not managed a dog like this before. Hence if he goes from Belfast to Stranraer he only needs to be brought onto the ferry in his crate, and I even can offer the loan of a little trolley to bring him on and off (I have friends who go regularly to Belfast who can collect crate and trolley at somepoint :) ). However he isn't a really large cavalier at all.

He will be met in Stranraer by people who will be giving him the special attention and care he needs to become less fearful of certain situations. :rah: He's a special little guy and has had a tough life to date (until he went to his great foster home! Where he has already really come along.) Already several people here on the board have done so much to help him along and I am hoping before long he will be in the perfect home.

Thelly
19th January 2008, 12:12 PM
Karlin - I've just sent you a PM!

Karlin
19th January 2008, 02:10 PM
Transport is sorted. :rah::rah: Thanks for all the offers; fortunately an ideal solution has presented itself and I am going to go with that so his transport is now being arranged! :)

misty
19th January 2008, 06:36 PM
brilliant news :)

merlinsmum
19th January 2008, 06:44 PM
thats great news:)

Aileen
19th January 2008, 09:54 PM
Really good news:rah:

Aileen and the gang(Barney---jazzie ---Sam)