PDA

View Full Version : Another anal gland abscess :)

inca
17th January 2008, 04:14 PM
poor India again .......this time 7 days of anti-biotics and gland removel next friday

bless her she hasn't made a fuss about it and just gets on she is a good girl

Melissa
18th January 2008, 03:35 AM
ouch, poor little girl. hope she feels better quick!

inca
18th January 2008, 08:44 AM
thank you melissa

36 views and 1 reply :(

merlinsmum
18th January 2008, 01:10 PM
poor India again .......this time 7 days of anti-biotics and gland removel next friday

bless her she hasn't made a fuss about it and just gets on she is a good girl

Poor India, I've not been about for a few days - hope she feels better soon:paw:

Scouty girl
18th January 2008, 02:33 PM
Poor little Inca, I can only imagine how uncomfortable that is for her, yet she's being a little trooper.

Good luck with the gland removal, keep us posted.

Crittercall
21st January 2008, 11:50 PM
Here's hoping all goes well. We've been through the abscess ordeal and it's no fun.

*Pauline*
22nd January 2008, 12:20 AM
Sorry you didn't get many replies. Poor girl, I hope her not making a fuss means she isn't in a lot of pain. Some dogs just don't make a fuss though do they. I hope it goes ok on Friday, will be thinking of you. A big :hug: to you both.

I love the little face on the pup in your avatar, who is (I'm guessing it's a girl) she?

Cleo's Person
22nd January 2008, 11:04 AM
I've just sen this thread now. I hope India is bearing up ok. :xfngr: :xfngr: all goes well on Friday. lot and lots of :hug: :hug: for you both.

Daisy's Mom
22nd January 2008, 07:11 PM
Good luck to her and let us know how it goes. Daisy has had issues with those glands, too. No abscesses (yet), but definitely some discomfort now and then.

inca
24th January 2008, 05:00 PM
well as tomorrow gets nearer am some how feeling quite nervous about it ....not like me really

i will let you know how things go

TillyTommy
24th January 2008, 05:05 PM
Good Luck and hope she is better soon:)

*Pauline*
24th January 2008, 05:14 PM
I'll be thinking of you both tomorrow. :hug:

Crittercall
24th January 2008, 07:05 PM
Of course you're nervous. We'd worry about you if you weren't!! But just think of all the Cavalier friends she has around the world (even the ones who don't know what to say!) and know that we are going to be there in spirit with both of you.

{{{hugs}}}

Cavvygirl
24th January 2008, 08:24 PM
Awww poor darling, what a trooper she is I have everything crossed for a quick recovery for her. :xfngr:

Also sending you lots of hugs as its very stressful for us when they aren't well:hug:

inca
25th January 2008, 08:32 AM
just leaving now she had a nice bath to take her mind of no breakfast its half an hr drive so better get going

bye for now

*Pauline*
25th January 2008, 01:34 PM
I hope you are both ok :hug:

inca
25th January 2008, 03:39 PM
sorry for the delay in reply

India is quite pooly at the vets but will be ok she had very impacted and infected tissue damaged glands that took an hr to remove

my vet has rang and said he wasn;t prepared for what he saw she also lost a fair bit of blood

please wish her well

lady and amber
25th January 2008, 03:44 PM
Poor little thing hope she feels better soon.

*Pauline*
25th January 2008, 04:48 PM
Oh dear, I'll say a prayer for you both. :hug:

Scouty girl
25th January 2008, 05:22 PM
Of course we will wish her well. Poor little dear. Please give her a gentle hug from me and my gang. Keep up informed as to her progress.

Kristy
25th January 2008, 06:05 PM
aww poor doggie. i hope she recovers quickly.

Cavvygirl
25th January 2008, 09:11 PM
Sending India lots of ((((((HUGS))))))

I hope you are ok too?

*Pauline*
25th January 2008, 09:34 PM
Any news? :)

inca
25th January 2008, 11:11 PM
she is still on a drip but did wink at me when i saw her :)

she is on strong meds so not really with it vet was very informative about the op said it was the worst he had to remove in his career ( 30 years )
but he says she should make a full recovery given time and is a model patient

merlinsmum
26th January 2008, 09:52 AM
Hope India feels much better soon - sounds quite a nasty op:paw:

inca
26th January 2008, 10:15 AM
morning folks India happy to be home very quiet (unlike her ) not yet poo'd so lucky to be allowed home

vet still a bit concerned she will be normal in poo department only time will tell

but she is settled at the mo on a heat pad in the lounge on her own watching TV

she told me she loves you all xxx

Caraline
26th January 2008, 10:25 AM
Ah poor little sweetie. She has had a rough time. I hope she has a full & speedy recovery.

*Pauline*
26th January 2008, 12:12 PM
Awww poor little girl. I'm glad she is getting some quiet time in front of the telly. Maybe some Vitamin E would be good.

What did you mean when you said the glands were impacted?

inca
26th January 2008, 01:57 PM
totally full but far to thick to be expelled my vet said it was as bad as it can get she also had a lot of scar tissue from when both glands have reptured in the past

sadly she has been sick today and isnt able to hold anything IN the bottom end .....which is a slight concern
so we need to bulk her food to try and get firm poops we are using peridale and are hoping it will start to work today x

merlinsmum
26th January 2008, 02:38 PM
:xfngr: the medicine works and India is a little more comfortable.

inca
27th January 2008, 10:49 AM
good morning all

brighter day today she has eaten well and preformed quite a good poo this morning a little bloody but never the less a good one LOL

she seems happier and brighter not so lathelgic unlike me whom shatterd from 2 nights lack of sleep :(

thanks for the pm's and posts of support

lady and amber
27th January 2008, 10:55 AM
Glad too hear shes feeling a little better, you should look after yourself as well.

merlinsmum
27th January 2008, 12:01 PM
Thats good news:) Perhaps you can have a snooze on the sofa this afternoon;)

*Pauline*
27th January 2008, 05:07 PM
Oh that's good news. Keep us posted how she's doing. :hug:

Cathy T
27th January 2008, 07:43 PM
Oh gosh....just now caught this thread. I'm so sorry I didn't see it earlier and wasn't able to give you some words of encouragement :rah: So glad she's home and starting to come around. Poor thing, that just must have been so uncomfortable for her.

I'm with Kirsty.....maybe you can both cuddle up on the couch and get a nap and some lovin' from each other.:luv:

Cathy Moon
9th February 2008, 01:25 PM
Inca, I just caught up with this thread today. How is little India doing?

Our neighbor's elderly blenheim gentleman had the same surgery one year ago, and he came through it fine. It sounds like India will, too. :hug:

Edited: I just saw on your new thread that she is recovering well. Wonderful news!

Rosewoodsteel
9th February 2008, 01:34 PM
Hang in there!
Every thing will be all right and Inca will feel much better after a little time passes.

Cavvygirl
9th February 2008, 06:34 PM
Hi Inca,

I wanted to post to ask how India is doing (and you of course;)):)

Daisy's Mom
9th February 2008, 11:35 PM
I hope everything is much improved now. Let us know. It sounds like an awful surgery!