PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy a Coat King?

msunter
18th January 2008, 08:22 PM
Hi All

Rio was at his new home groomer today, she is great did a really good job on his coat and ears.

Anyway she mentioned that instead of buying all these grooming brushes that can cost an arm and a leg in the petshop. She said we should invest in a Coat King.

Now I have heard of them being mentioned on the board but was wondering if someone can point us in the direction of a good site to buy them from.

We are from Scotland so it would need to be any UK sites :)

Thanks !

merlinsmum
19th January 2008, 10:23 AM
I wouldn't mind one of these. This and the furminator seems to have good reviews.

I got a small slicker brush that has pin heads (rather than the sharp ended ones) for the boys ears. Its quite good actually. It gets out the matts much better that the normal pin head brush (after I have chopped at them with the thinning scissors)

Nicki
19th January 2008, 11:08 AM
I got mine from http://www.hubintsecured.co.uk/acatalog/Coat_Kings.html

Coat King - Stripping Rake - Ex. fine (Ref. 2449) £24.70 - but worth the investment!

merlinsmum
19th January 2008, 11:14 AM
thanks Nicki - never thought of there - I get my Crazy Dog Baby powder shampoo from there:)

shippers
20th January 2008, 10:56 AM
I've been thinking of buying either a coat king or a furminator to reduce some of Sally's shedding. What is the difference between the furminator and coat king? Which is the best to reduce shedding of the coat? I want to reduce the amount of dog hair round the house.

merlinsmum
20th January 2008, 06:11 PM
Hopefully someone has both and can give an aspect on both :)