• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

My poor dogs!!

Bruce H

I feel SO sorry for the dogs this morning! By our thermometer it is -16F
icon_eek.gif
. I just let everyone out; they got just outside the door and looked back at me like "You've GOT to be kidding!". They were outside for maybe 2 minutes and everyone had to come back in. Tomorrow is supposed to be the same way. I have a feeling I'm going to have some accidents in the house today. Can't be mad at them if they do have an accident.

Kris is at a show in Des Moines with 4 dogs this weekend, so it's just me and the rest of the dogs. I'm being really careful to count all the dogs as they come in to be sure there is no possibility of anyone forgotten outside. I am counting twice and then going outside and doing a visual to be absolutely sure.

Sure will be glad when this cold weather breaks!

In Wisconsin we have the same type of weather. I took Maverick out this morning and his feet must have been too cold cause all he wanted me to do was pick him up.

Wow that is COLD. We'd rarely go below freezing here in Ireland especially on the east coast where I live.

The windy city was -4.4 at 8:30am this morning. Luckily we don't have the predicted 20-30 mph winds that would drop the wind chill into the -20 to -30's (at least not yet). I still had to yell to get the puppers in. And I did a head count to make sure they all got in here.

The windy city was -4.4 at 8:30am this morning. Luckily we don't have the predicted 20-30 mph winds that would drop the wind chill into the -20 to -30's (at least not yet). I still had to yell to get the puppers in. And I did a head count to make sure they all got in here.

That's the other bad part about today. There is a windchill advisory out today saying 25 to 40 below 0 :eek:. I'm spending the weekend at home with the dogs, the TV and working on taxes. I'm only going out if I have to.

Wow, I can't even imagine how cold that must feel. I am in Dallas with the highs in the 40s, and we think that is COLD!!!!!!!! Judy and Dixie

I know what your dogs must be feeling about going about doing their business! My dog and I have been dealing with this weather for about a month now. It was really disconcerting to see him lift each paw just and look at me with his large expressive eyes. Made me feel like an evil mum.

Bruce, I hear ya! It's very cold here and we have no trace of snow on the ground. It's one thing when you can at least see the white stuff!

Hey, I hear even when you do get that cold you can still see the sun. Unlike here, it stays gloomy.

-11 here at 9:30 am. Poor dogs. Freckles and Mollie stay out as long as they can and even with the 5 I'm counting heads and watching them every minute when they're out. Cannot wait until nice weather :rah:.

ahh -- yes. I used to live in NYC where the wind would rip your face off. I didn't have dogs then but my neighbor did and they just flat out refused to go outside. They hated it. She put papers down in her apartment and let come what may.

I live in England now and it's not nearly as cold but on chilly mornings Pickles has a hard time of it. I have to really coax her to take a little walk.

It's been really nasty here this winter two, and my poor IGs are just throwing a fit! Poor babies! And we're not use to winters THIS cold in Utah, I've never seen it in the negatives before, but we've hit below zero several times lately!

Its almost as cold here in Alberta as well. Although I think it bothers me a lot more than it bothers Mika. I'm trying to hurry her along and she's busy trying to eat snowballs!

I feel SO sorry for the dogs this morning! By our thermometer it is -16F
icon_eek.gif
. I just let everyone out; they got just outside the door and looked back at me like "You've GOT to be kidding!". They were outside for maybe 2 minutes and everyone had to come back in. Tomorrow is supposed to be the same way. I have a feeling I'm going to have some accidents in the house today. Can't be mad at them if they do have an accident.

You'll need to buy them some muttluks to keep their toes warm outside. Thats after you have remortgaged your house to buy them for all your furbabies (that way you could get them the bigger sofa too!):)

Wind chill today is -25. I put Maverick's boots on him this morning and a fleece coat and he was still too cold to concentrate on going potty. I have to go to work in 20mins, I hope my car will start.

It was -5 last night at 9pm, when our furnace quit working. Luckily I have a handy husband or me and the puppers would have been ALL in one bed and more than a bit cold.

This morning I had two dogs trying to go outside on three feet (ok, that would be easy for the boys, but these were girls). They came in limping. I hate this deep freeze.

wow---it's 20 in atlanta and that's very very cold for all of us southerners. i can't even fathom some of these temperatures i'm hearing! wrap up warmly and i hope there isn't much to bring you all out of your warm houses!

poor pups---indy wears his sweater INDOORS when it's this cold!

OMG Sandy, leave it to a furnace to quit at one of the coldest days of the winter! Glad you got it all straightened out. I had to go over to one of my duplexes and thaw out a frozen pipe.

Looks like today is going to be slightly warmer. The low this morning was the same as yesterday, but it's actually 1 above zero right now. Yesterday and so far today the dogs have been lasting about 5 minutes before they are on the deck asking to come in. Yesterday we had no pee accidents in the house, but we had 2 poops. Just couldn't bring myself to scold them. Hope it's better today. I absolutely hate this extreme weather.

It was 19 F in Tennessee this morning when I took Ruby out, and I thought I was going to freeze to death waiting on her to go poo. I cannot imagine what it must be like in the northern states!! Sorry you're having such nasty weather!! Oh, and my obviously crazy husband has now informed me that he intends to take me to a football game in Green Bay someday in the middle of winter time "for the experience". Yeah, right!! I can't even handle what we're having right now....

I hope it warms up here soon too, the poor babies! We've only had one accident, but we've only got the three boys, so not as many dogs as you have, Bruce. The problem we have with our Jasper is his coat is SO thick that he isn't really too bothered by the cold until he is all the way in the back of the yard and his feet figure out that it is too chilly out! Then he just plops down in the yard and starts trying to lift all of his feet up at once! Can't call him back in early very well eaither, as he is deaf and chooses to ignore our hand signals most often.

Luckily for us, Alex, our 3 year old black and tan, thinks he is some kind of herding dog, and if we are calling either Jasper or Max to come back in for too long Alex will go out and get them! :rolleyes:

I'm about an hour and a half east of the Cities, it was so darn cold my two dogs did the same thing.....we ran outside, and ran back in! I can't blame them for having a few accidents indoors, so I put down a couple of puppy piddle pads just in case. I'm ready for Spring!

Back