• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

How far would you want to walk?

How far would you expect to walk?

• 1 hour

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • 1 1/2 hours

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • more - please post in the thread

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 miles

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • 5 miles

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • more - please post in the thread

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nicki

If you were invited to attend a sponsored walk with your Cavaliers {and other dogs}, how far would you expect to walk?

I’ve put up a poll, you can only vote once, please vote either for how long you would like to walk for in time, or how many miles.

The plan is to organise a walk, hopefully in June, to raise funds for the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Syringomyelia DNA Research Fund. It would probably be held in Suffolk.

A shorter walk, of 1-2 miles would also be arranged at the same venue for those not wanting to complete the longer walk, or perhaps with elderly or poorly Cavaliers.

If you have any suggestions that may help, please post below - it’s the first time the lady concerned has organised this type of event so any help is gratefully received.

Thanks for your assistance.

Hi Nicki,

Perhaps more could be raised if several walks on the same day were organised in different areas so that more could attend. Suffolk is quite a haul for me but somewhere 2-3 hours away I would attend willingly.

That's an excellent idea - how about it everyone, are you prepared to organise a walk in YOUR area? This could even be an international fundraiser then!!

I wouldn't mind organising one - I think I'd have to base it Yorkshire area as there seeems to be more ove there.

Maybe Grizedale forest? I know its not Yorkshire but the have a file mile walk easily identified :)

WOW Kirsty that would be FABULOUS!! Can you tell I'm excited LOL

Could you e-mail Sue and say that's what you're thinking of doing?

I picked 3 miles.. but 3 miles walking at a comfy speed is just under an hour. But had a good speedy pace is 1/2 an hour. I wish Wisconsin had more dog oriented things.

Last edited:
sounds like a great idea.

Id be interested if there was one down south.... say Hampshire..lol or Surrey.

I will watch this post to see what happens with this idea.... its great. Ive got a friend who would be interested too.

I picked 5 miles, the longer the better so that I'd have a bit of quiet time when I get home :D

sounds like a great idea.

Id be interested if there was one down south.... say Hampshire..lol or Surrey.

I will watch this post to see what happens with this idea.... its great. Ive got a friend who would be interested too.

Would you be interested in helping to organise a walk for your area??? :D

Perhaps if people do not want to take this on themselves, but would be prepared to help out, you could post on here with area and we could match you up with someone else in the same area....

WOW Kirsty that would be FABULOUS!! Can you tell I'm excited LOL

Could you e-mail Sue and say that's what you're thinking of doing?

Nicki,

Could you let me have her email address? When do you think the walk needs to be organised for?

Thanks everyone for your help with this - I will report back to Sue who is organising the walk, and please, if you think you might be able to help organise a walk in your area, post here!!

I would be willing to take part in an event near me (5 miles/1.5 hrs or less)if someone else organised it.Sounds lazy doesnt it but I havent really got the contacts and I cant think of an appropriate route :confused:

That's ok - it's great that you want to take part. Will keep everyone posted about where walks are planned.

Back