PDA

View Full Version : Murphy's new start!

Thelly
21st January 2008, 11:08 AM
I'm sure you all read Karlin's post looking for transport for Murphy. We decided that we would take him ourselves to his new home in Scotland as I really would hate to say goodbye to him at our door and it is a wonderful excuse to see some of Scotland, as we have never been!

Murphy has been with us since November. A charming and clever dog, he fitted in with my gang from day one. His reputation was that of a difficult dog who was handed into rescue. I won't blab on with the many many details!!

Murphy showed us his warm, loving and also insecure side. He presented us with a few challenges along the way (and I'm sure a few headaches for Karlin!). Now the best day of all is coming (but a v. sad one for us) as we take Murphy on the journey to Scotland to his new home. He will be starting his new life with Spaniel Trust in Mull. We will be visiting them on Saturday! I'll let you all know how we get on!

sallymum
21st January 2008, 11:49 AM
Well done. Glad that u gave him a chance and is now of to his new life.

misty
21st January 2008, 01:14 PM
Thelly, you are an absolute angel. :).

Murphy is very lucky, firstly having had you as his foster mum and then you kindly offering to chauffeur-drive him to the Spaniel Trust.

OH and I also have a special cargo for the Spaniel Trust; he will be travelling up to north of Perth with us Friday night, before we either meet up with a Trust volunteer or go across to Mull ourselves on Saturday. You never know, we may get to meet you and Murphy. :) :).

Arne
21st January 2008, 02:32 PM
I hope the weather is good so you can see the Island at its best and I would like to wish you all a safe journey.

Maybe I will get to meet the lovely Murphy when I go to visit my Mum at Easter if he has not started another new chapter in his life by then.

Cathy T
21st January 2008, 05:22 PM
Great job Thelly!! Safe trip and good luck to Murphy.

misty
25th January 2008, 12:09 AM
Good luck, Murphy boy.

Thelly, have a safe journey and a lovely holiday. I know Murphy will be looked after, but he must be so pleased to have spent time with you and your family.

Karlin
25th January 2008, 12:44 AM
Thelly and her whole family have done so much for this boy who would not still be alive otherwise. It takes a special kind of person to give this much time and patience to one small dog and understand his problems and I know Murphy has a big extended family all wishing him well when he heads for Scotland. I hope it's a fantastic trip and it's very special that you are able to bring him over, too. :flwr:

Arne
25th January 2008, 09:39 AM
Safe journey Thelly.

Fifer
27th January 2008, 09:59 AM
Sorry very early morning so pic quality rubbish!
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w174/FIFER_COCKERS/Murphy1.jpg
He's arrived had his first night AND .....................

A huge step forward late last night and again this morning, he rolled over on his back in a playful submissive way. So I took advantage to play my "tickley tum tum" game which all mine love, but with this guy I was careful to be VERY gentle and keep the touch to a light brush with the hand at first, then progressing to a light tickle. This morning I also noticed him sniffing then rubbing himself along the hem of my jacket - sort of "I want to be in your gang" http://s3.images.proboards.com/grin.gif and I can work with that .....

Thanks to Karlin for trusting us with this delightful little lad and our Rescue angels for bringing him across and in such atrocious weather!

Karlin
27th January 2008, 12:54 PM
Thank YOU!!!! b*n*n*b*n*n*b*n*n*:thnx:

Awww, I love seeing his face; he is SUCH a handsome boy and has so much to give in the right home and with a bit more time.

Thank you so much to Thelly and Gerry, and to the Spaniel Trust, for giving this fellow the chance he deserves after an initially unhappy life.

sallymum
27th January 2008, 02:10 PM
what a lovely boy. He looks so much like my Toby.:flwr:to everyone that helped him.

Aileen
27th January 2008, 10:43 PM
what a lovely boy. He looks so much like my Toby.:flwr:to everyone that helped him.
snap I was just thinking how much he looks like my Sam
Aileen and the gang(Barney---Jazzie---Sam)

frecklesmom
28th January 2008, 04:40 PM
He is so handsome. Seems to wear a sign on his chest saying "love me" and in small print " I'm scared". What a great rescue for a loving family.

Thelly
28th January 2008, 07:57 PM
We are just back in the door from our trip and I was so excited to see a pic of Murphy and to hear that he is doing so well already. I know that everything will work out for him in Scotland - and a beautiful island for him to live on!

I miss him so much and I know LouLou does too but we have to remember that it's not about us, it's about him getting the attention he needs!

I hope to hear more stories as time goes on. Thanks again to the Spaniel Trust for everything :rah::rah::rah:

Nicki
28th January 2008, 08:57 PM
Bless you Thelly for fostering this precious boy and for Transporting him - I hope you enjoyed your trip although I know it will have been tinged by the sadness of having to give up Murphy.

He now has the chance of a wonderful new life - thank you everyone who made this possible.