• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Local King Charles abandonment

msunter

I hope Karlin you don't mind that I post this link.

http://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/article.php?sec=1&id=18855

This makes me so angry I usually don't read our local paper as there is nothing in it really but I was in work in the morning on Saturday and came across this article in my local paper.

When I seen it was about a King Charles spaniel I got so angry in work.

Looks like a case of the novelty wore off with the dog and he just couldn't be bothered with it anymore. We have called to find out what has happened to Coco but she has been rehomed with a woman who has had rescues before and they are working with her. The poor soul. Just makes me so mad. !

Sorry just had to vent.

You would think that a 56 year old man would have better sense. People are people no matter where you live.

I was watching Animal Cops one day on Animal Planet. The SPCA was at a woman's home to investigate a dog abuse complaint. They ask the woman were the dog was. She said in the backyard, this girl was so skinny and tired looking chained up. The police ask the woman who's dog it was and she said my sons. They ask if they dog was fed and where her son was. She said he's at school. They ask her how old her son was and she said eight. Then said the dog was his and it was his responsibility to take care of and feed. I wanted to find that woman and just slap her hard.

That is so sad :( I get so mad watching shows like Animal Precinct sometime when the fines are often only $1000 or 1 year in jail! That's not NEARLY enough!

I just can't relate to stories like this. Kingston is EVERYTHING to me. I worry like crazy over the tiniest sneeze! This is why I think no dog should ever "belong" to a child. No matter what, it is always the adult's responsibility to ensure an animal receives proper care.

i agree!

i can hardly watch animal cops i find it so heartbreaking. i feel so sorry for the animals because its not there fault the situation there put in.some awful people move house and just leave there dog behind chained up outside to die.when the dog finally gets rescued the poor thing ends up getting put to sleep because its failed that test thing.its just too sad.

i saw one where a stray had a really badly broken back leg and the woman put it to sleep there on the spot.she didnt even take it to the vets first.they could have had the leg removed and the dog re-homed .she didnt even give it a chance.poor thing

Back