• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Nibbling on Clothes?

casshon

I was just wondering if anyone elses dogs did this or what it means?

Bella nibbles on my clothes - she doesnt chew or put holes in anything, it's just a light nibble :cool:. I've never come across it before in any of my other dogs.

Both mine have that habbit and also they like to nibble skin.I think they are just grooming me a little:eek:
Silva does this to Elja alot when Elja is relaxed and you can actually her Elja moan from pleassure when Silva is grooming her like that :)
Let the pics spea for themselves :)

20071213201541_6.jpg

20071213201609_8.jpg

Cessa does it--seems to be a holdover from nursing (she did it together with a lot of other nursing behaviors when we first got her). She also licks clothes.

Jaspar still does this occasionally -- he used to do this all the time to Ambrose and Quincy (cats!) when he was a puppy but now only very rarely.

2 of mine suck and nibble the corner of tea towels i don;t have a whole one left :(

Perhaps it is a nursing or grooming thing then. It's very cute. She usually looks up at me with a look of bliss - like it's soothing for her. She does occasionally do this to my skin if she is over-excited. She is a major licker (Molly has the cleanest eyes going :grin:) and will lick anyone or anything :rolleyes:

Merlin will bite my cuffs etc when I come home, i think its someway of him telling me that he has missed me (of course Oakley couldn't care less once he has licked my ears clean!)

Joel's mum's lab bites the bottom of your coat AFTER he has been out for a walk - you have to shut the back door on him - get your coat off and them let him in otherwsie you end up with a ruined coat!

Both of mine, but especially Amber, like licking my trousers. I think it's a texture thing - I wear velour trackies in the house, and very often cords when I'm going out... Amber has always 'cleaned' Holly's eyes, and I'm tempted to think holly is now returning the favour since Amber's eyes are also clean. Never actually seen Holly do it, though...

rubys mom

my little angle always licks my leg after her dinner and at night she loves to munch on my slippers and my daughters dressing gown she also go a teddy cat and you can see the enjoyment when shes doing it to its really raggy now but i carnt bear to take it of her can i say love the photos of all the cavs really cuties:D hope to get mine soon:winkct:

I have a "licker" too. She licks all her stuffed babies and esp. her full-size bed comforter that she has 'claimed' as her own. I have to occasionally remind her not to lick so much as she gets started and keeps on licking! I had never seen a dog do this behavior either until Brea. I think it's a habit like biting your fingernails, etc.

Sheri

Nina does the nibbling thing too!if you hold a piece of clothing of fabric tight shel go from end to end nibbling!like a type writer lol!

she also used to do this trick where shed nibble a knot and actually undo the knot lol.

Back