PDA

View Full Version : CD used in Rescue,Shelters,etc.

frecklesmom
24th January 2008, 12:25 AM
Wonder if some of the members in rescue could use this CD? The clips are interesting-lullabies with heartbeat sound. I think it would be worth it to talk with them as they do send free CD's (shipping cost) to Shelters, Humane Societies, etc. and have sent out a bunch. Even my groomer has one :) given to her by a rescue person who had brought in a very apprehensive dog.

This is the website http://www.caninelullabies.com/?q=ourstory

Karlin
24th January 2008, 02:36 AM
Dog Training Ireland has this (or a similar) CD. They use it in their difficult dogs class and others as well.

Barbara Nixon
24th January 2008, 11:29 AM
I wonder whether they would send a freebie to the UK, as Hope has some kennellled dogs.

misty
24th January 2008, 11:48 AM
This sounds very interesting.

As some of you know, I'm involved with the Spaniel Trust, who help rehabilitate dogs with behaviour problems.

I'd be interested to hear more.

frecklesmom
24th January 2008, 03:55 PM
BTW I made a copy of my groomers copy :). Anyone needs a copy PM me and will get one done. Can't transport for rescue or take another soul in but I can make copies.

Cathy Moon
30th January 2008, 11:50 AM
I bought that CD approx. 2 years ago, and it really does have a relaxing affect on our dogs and on people too. I played it one afternoon and we all fell asleep! :slp:

The CD was originally used to calm infants and babies.

Lani
30th January 2008, 02:19 PM
I also have several different ones for Lucky. In my opinion they really do help.

frecklesmom
7th February 2008, 04:27 PM
Talked to gentleman at the site where CD is manufactured and he insisted on sending a Cd free of charge( told him I had made a copy). Took the Cd to the Vet's office and they have been using it sense they got it with good calming results :D.