• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

When you are not well/sick....

ice-cavi

How does you cavi respond ?
Ive been pretty sick today,cant hold anything down,I feel miserable,weak and shaky...And my girls,they are unbeliveable, have been lying beside me allday,very calm. They have barely lefti my side to go potty or drink,and unlike when you are just smahed(tired) they haven´t played on top of me or brought me toys and stuff ....I know they must be bored to death with me today,but their loving nature made them put upp with me:flwr:

That is so true. I had a bad car accident in December. I have fractures of my neck, lower spine and rib. I was in the hospital for one week. My friend who brought me home said the look on my face when I sat down and my 5 cavs were showering me with kisses made her know I would be alright. They have been at my side day and night always with contact like they fear I will leave again. They have far more healing then any medicine. I went back to work this week for half days only for the first time in 6 weeks. I know they were so lost my first day away. They are so great.

This is very true

Rio ususally brings his toys wanting you to play but when someone is ill in the house. He just snuggles up and falls asleep with you I was off work not well on Monday and Tuesday this week and he didnt want to go out a walk so I just took him downstairs to our garden to the toilet and he was off lead did what he needed to do and came back inside and went back to bed with me. Cavy cuddles are the best kind of medicine. Until you wake up and find you cant breathe when he his neck is sitting on top of your nose lol :)

Truly are Velcro dogs ! :D

haha
very true. my lexi just turned 5months old and last month i tripped on the stairs with a laundry basket in my hands and i was almost in tears and lexi immediately knew i wasnt well and came over and gave me so many kisses i had to gasp for air! haha
i love my lexi!:flwr::luv:

How does you cavi respond ?
Ive been pretty sick today,cant hold anything down,I feel miserable,weak and shaky...And my girls,they are unbeliveable, have been lying beside me allday,very calm. They have barely lefti my side to go potty or drink,and unlike when you are just smahed(tired) they haven´t played on top of me or brought me toys and stuff ....I know they must be bored to death with me today,but their loving nature made them put upp with me:flwr:

A couple of weeks ago I had flu ( still not completely got rid of it yet!) the boys stayed in bed with me, weren't bothered that they only got little walks an were just happy for us all to lay on the sofa and watch rubbish daytime telly. They do seem to know:paw:

My lot, including Izzy, have never been any different, well or unwell, but my springers, especially Cindy, used to be sympathetic.

Oh....I can only dream!! Shelby would gladly lay next to me in bed all day long...Jake is a whole other story! He would constantly be demanding my attention (throw the ball, give me a treat, come play with me!!) :rolleyes: this boy gives me no rest at all.

Jake is a whole other story! He would constantly be demanding my attention (throw the ball, give me a treat, come play with me!!) :rolleyes: this boy gives me no rest at all.

Cathy T:

I love your honesty!! Both my Cavalier and my Clumber are pretty sensitive to my moods, but of the two Buddy, the Cavalier is the most comfort when I am sick. Hadley, who is very independent, tends to watch carefully, but keep a little distance, while Buddy stays very close.

Jake is a whole other story! He would constantly be demanding my attention (throw the ball, give me a treat, come play with me!!) :rolleyes: this boy gives me no rest at all.

And I though he would be mummy's little soldier.... we should have guesssed with Shelby being the luv bug that she is :)

I was sick last week and in bed for at least two days and Wesley and Daisy stayed with me ALL day, just sleeping with me. They KNEW something was wrong. They had to be told to go downstairs and go potty, but beyond that they were my little snuggle bugs!

Back