• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Gum test

Barbara Nixon

The vet showed me the gum test today. if you press your dog's gum, so it goes white, and then release, it should pink up in 2 seconds. If more time is taken, he/she may need the help of new or more heart meds.

Thanks, that is extremely useful to know. I have checked for pale gums but didn't know about this simple test. (y)

He sad that the gum test indicates, before pale gums. Monty's gums are a reasonable shade of pink but his pinking up time was very slightly slower than two seconds, so we are going onto Fortekor and Frusicare, as he is startibng a very slight morning cough.

A bonus, today. My favourite vet (I got well over half an hour's consult, instead of the official 10 minutes0, one of the practice owner, has a special interest in hearts (also knows about sm) and the practice has a visiting cardiologist every month.

Back