• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cavalier Book

Wrigs Mom

Greetings from Illinois (-9 degrees as I type)!!!

I wanted to share with you all a book that was given to me for Christmas. It's called, "My Life with George: What I Learned about Joy from One Neurotic (and Very Expensive) Dog" by Judith Summers. My mom gave it to me because it is about a woman who loses her husband and her son convinces her that what their family needs is a dog. After searching, the main character chooses a Cavalier named George. The book talks about how George pretty much runs her life, chases away suitors and is pretty heartwarming. You'll catch yourself saying, "my dog does that, too" a lot!
While the story does focus a lot on how this woman deals with the death of her husband, the parts of the story with George are just right-on-the-nose when it comes to Cavaliers as pets.
If you're looking for a quick read about a breed you love, check this one out!!!!!

Ooh you beat me to this post - I got it for christmas and am just getting into it - very good and getting to the un put downable stage
:)

I am also reading this. It's very funny (and sad at times) and George has a lot in common with my Bailey lol :)

Hi

I read "My Life With Geoge "on hols in Dorset last August and really enjoyed it ,another equally good read was" Marley and Me" thats about a big yellow Labrador and i can certainly give it a good recommendation
:razz:

I loved "Marley and Me" as well!

I just think George is the cutest little pudgeball! I love how much he insists on sleeping with his owner! Wrigley was in his crate for the first week we had him. We were of the mindset that "no dog will ever sleep in our bed". One week into life with him and he occupied the spot right between us. We wouldn't have it any other way now!!!!!

I have got this book very good also got a book called Secord Chance by Elizabeth Wrenn very good
Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Sam)

I have got this book very good also got a book called Secord Chance by Elizabeth Wrenn very good
Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Sam)

I read that last year well worth getting, I would say its a better book than My Life With George or Marley and Me.

Back