PDA

View Full Version : Has any experienced this??

Sue.k
25th January 2008, 11:13 AM
Last night Lucy was licking her paw, then she started licking it really hard and her whole body shook and she started whipering. I tried to get her attention but she just kept doing it. I checked her paw and could see nothing, I trimed the hair on it and checked it again. It doesnt seem to hurt her when she walks though. It was like she was in a trance or something, has anyone ever seen this before?? I was really worried, I thought she was having some sort of seizure. Prince has had seizures in the past which we think is episodic falling but this was different. I recorded it on my phone in case it happens again so I can show the vet, but any advice would be greatly appreciated if anyone has experienced anything like this.

luvzcavs
26th January 2008, 02:16 AM
I have seen one of mine do this when he had a bee sting in his paw but he wouldn't leave and I eventually found the sting and got it out.

My only other guess is could it be a pure pleasure type whimper from scratching an itch or is it an uncomfortable whimper ??
otherwise clueless sorry

Caraline
26th January 2008, 07:06 AM
Hi Sue, I can imagine that would have been very worrying. Is she ok now? I wonder if something got between her toes & just stung the dickens out of her. Even when their feet are really trimmed back it is so hard to see through that dense hair. I hope it is a one-off.

Karlin
26th January 2008, 11:37 AM
I'd just keep an eye on it and if it happens again have a vet check her. Sometimes something gets embedded on a walk that we might not see. Also chekc her dewclaws if she stillhas them as if they are not trimmed they cn grow back into the pad. :eek: A lot of us forget to check these as they are higher than the main paw. I just found Lily's are REALLY long and she got one caught on her tags the other day so I have to give them a trim.

If there's a larger problem it will no doubt be repeated. Hopefully not! Let us know if it happens again. :flwr:

Caraline
26th January 2008, 08:56 PM
Oh good thinking about the dew claw. I trim my guys at every nail clipping session, but I am often alarmed at the fact that those ones seem to grow much faster than the others. I guess it is because they never make contact with the ground so do not get worn down like the others.