• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

What info do you put on your pet's ID tag?

Ginger's Mom

Hi all -
I'm getting ready to get a new ID tag for Ginger... Just wondering what information I can put on here.. A while ago on the forum some people advised not to put the dog and owner's names, and to mention the microchip and spay information and stuff like that...
So I am wondering, what info did u put on your Cavalier's ID tag? :rah:

I recommend getting a two siderd tag or get two tags. On one side I put the dog'sname, My name, address and phone number (my name address and number are required by Irish law on dog tags).

In the reverse side or a second tag, I have "Neutered and chipped. Reward if found." This is to prevent thieves or anyone who found them (I hope) from trying to sell them on for breeding. Also to make anyone want the money reward more than my dogs.

I am getting another tag for Leo that notes he is on medications and please ring immediately if found; and one for Lucy that says "I am deaf. Keep me on a lead if found."

I would certainly not put the dog's name, as knowing it may enable someone to lure the dog away. Joly would probably go to someone who called his name.

On one it says my house number and postcode with my home phone number. On the back it has my mobile in case I'm out looking. They have anouther one that says "I am microchipped. Please scan me".

I like the idea of a reward. I might put that :)

I've heard people say not to put the name on the tag but someone would already have to have a dog in their hands to read the tag before they could lure it away -- and what cavalier ever needs to be lured? :lol: I'd rather have people know the dog's name if they find them. If they are going to steal the dog, they are going to steal the dog,so that advice has never made any sense to me (and having lured plenty of dogs without ever needing to know their names, I can't see how it would matter anyway. Get down on one knee and spread your arms and call 'come here!' cheerfully and show me the dog that won;t run to you. Or clap and call and run away from any dog and 90%of the time, it will follow you, too! That's why I put enough info to make taking my dogs not a very attractive option -- they are chipped, cannot be bred, and people will get cash if they bring them back to me. :).

as funny as it might sound, I have a phone number, microchipped, and "NEEDS MEDS!" on the back of mine. My hope is that most people wouldn't want to keep a sick dog :flwr:

Hi
Two pink flower emblem discs ,first one reward with my full address and postcode, second one pets name my phone number and also my vets name and phone number with I Am Chipped on reverse.Then a round green medallion from Petback Med Alert which has a freephone number and an individual number for each of them and that number is supposed to be manned 24/7 and all of course on pink leather collars with real imitation diamonte 24 carat diamonds as they are all my very very valuable best girls (dont they just twist you round their little paws and its a good job i dont drink or smoke now otherwise i could,nt afford all these expensive real imitation diamonds, oh well it keeps me and them all happy and smiling and what a superb tonic they are after a hard messy day at work)

as funny as it might sound, I have a phone number, microchipped, and "NEEDS MEDS!" on the back of mine. My hope is that most people wouldn't want to keep a sick dog :flwr:
Honestly - I use this same tactic. On my dogs' tags, the front has their name, needs meds, and my home and cell phone numbers, the back says "If I'm loose, I'm lost" since so many people around here let their dogs run loose, I want people to know if my dog isn't on a leash - It's lost! Then I have an alternate contact number and microchipped on the back, but I really like the idea of putting spayed/neutered on their as well!!!

Cool... thanks everyone.. So here's what i decided to put..

G I N G E R
SPAYED-CHIPPED-NEED MEDS
ME AND HUBBY NAMES
CITY AND STATE
PHONE NUMBER

Ginger's mom; you might want to consider leaving off city/state (of course, your choice) or adding your cell phone number. We travel by car a lot with Bianca and always have our cell with us.

Back