PDA

View Full Version : Vari Kennel - solid crate - 50% off!! - good for the car

Nicki
26th January 2008, 10:02 PM
If you are looking for a solid crate - these are Vari Kennels, so one of the best makes - they are currently 50% off at http://www.caninekennels.com/~sa_webapp/run.asp?page=15657

This is a very good offer - not sure how long they will be at this price for.

These are excellent for travelling dogs in the car and are Airline approved for Domestic and International flights.

You can of course use them in the house - one of mine has just discovered that he can force his way out of the fabric crates, and has scratched it to pieces - I've had these for several years and no-one else has touched them, so I think it varies from dog to dog!

I am looking at buying one of these instead, as we always have a crate set up in the kitchen - mine use it as a bed.

TillyTommy
26th January 2008, 11:47 PM
Fantastic offer - Thinking of buying one myself!

Phoebe
30th January 2008, 09:45 PM
Hi Nicki,
Having seen your post, I took a good look as we have been considering buying something to go into the back of the car (at the mo, we are using a borrowed crate which is too big and also rattles like you wouldn't believe!)
Phoebe's new crate arrived this morning. It's not too heavy for me to lift in and out of the car, which I might have to do occasionally as we are planning lots of weekends away with the furry one in the future:thmbsup: Easier to handle than the metal crate:thmbsup: And it looks the business!:thmbsup:
I'm really glad I saw your message, thanks very much indeed:-p
Phoebe Bo's mum.

Barbara Nixon
30th January 2008, 10:15 PM
They are a very good company and quite near to me. I got my metal crate from them (much cheper than anywhere else) and was allowed to collect, so saved about £8. The crate is 'gold' and very like Rosewood ones, but much much cheaper, has two doors and has sliding bolts (I found the Rosewood spring fastenings impossible to use, as they are very strong).

shippers
30th January 2008, 10:30 PM
What size would you recommend for a Cav? Sally is quite on the large side but it would need to fit in a ford fiesta car.

Phoebe
31st January 2008, 10:17 PM
Hi Shippers,
I bought the medium Vari Kennel as I wanted to ensure that there would be plenty of room in it for Phoebe when she is fully grown. It was around £30 but you also have to add on VAT and delivery so the total amount came to £43.55. I can't really say for sure if it will fit in your car, your best bet is to check out the measurements on the site and climb in your car with a tape measure! It's worth it though to ensure you get the right one......I really wouldn't like to have to return it if it was wrong, mine came with about fifty yards of bubble wrap around it!!:)
If you decide to get one, I would be interested to hear what you think and also what size you decided to go for:)
Phoebe's mum

Barbara Nixon
1st February 2008, 02:37 PM
If measuring to fit in the back of a hatchback car, be sure to consider the slope of the closed door; perhaps try putting in a box of similar dimensions. Some years ago, we were saved an expensive mistake, because we went to collect a crate, to save delivery and found it would not fit, when putting it into the car, so all that was wasted was the peetrol money. We had measured width and height, but hadn't measured the height further back (ie near the door).

Nicki
15th February 2008, 01:31 PM
Shippers you might be better with something like this http://www.caninekennels.com/~sa_webapp/run.asp?page=17255

shippers
15th February 2008, 08:54 PM
Thanks for that Nicki. It seems like that would fit in my size car. Would be safe too. It's quite pricey but I'll search around on the web and find a good deal.

shippers
15th February 2008, 09:14 PM
I've been searching round and found this same crate cheaper at £59. I'm thinking I will buy it

shippers
15th February 2008, 09:14 PM
Oops the link http://www.petplaypads.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5_40&products_id=147