PDA

View Full Version : Tesco

Claire
27th January 2008, 09:21 PM
Not sure if all stores are doing this - but I have just bought some nylon leads for £1.00 in Tescos, have pulled and tested them and seem very strong - I had to buy new ones as two of my Puppia leads broke, the metal links in the clip broke - luckily Ozzy came straight back as was about 11pm at night and didn't go near the road and the other one was in park.

*Pauline*
27th January 2008, 09:31 PM
I wish everyone would give up on Puppia leads! Glad your Ozzy came straight back to you. :p

sallymum
27th January 2008, 09:49 PM
In Ireland they are doing loads of great stuff. Collars and leads sets for E5. Lovely bowls for E3. Toys from E2. Hi-vise jackets E4. Also little T-shirts E5.

Rj Mac
28th January 2008, 07:53 AM
yeah same up here lots of bargins to be had!!!!!!!!

lisa

Karlin
28th January 2008, 12:59 PM
You should tell the place you got the Puppia leads that they broke. I have had THREE break on the clasp and I think the leads are dangerous.

Barbara Nixon
28th January 2008, 01:47 PM
The pet stock appears to be on a changingcycle, because (we have one of the very large branches) some items, like boots, have sold out , but different items, like hedgehog bowls, have appeared.

Beware of the fish tank decorations, though. I'm taking my hollow log one back, because there are soem sharp edges, inside the log, which could damage the fish. (Large pots of King British fish food are on 2 for 1 ).

Asda have large turkey Jumbones at 3 for £1.99. Others, large and medium, except for large chicken, are on 3 packs for £3.

Ste
28th January 2008, 02:43 PM
Tesco staff in Ireland seem to have special training programmes for their staff, "How to be the rudest that you can be", so I don't shop there:D

Claire
28th January 2008, 09:19 PM
My Tescos staff think I am funny - tend to spend more on dog stuff then on food shopping....

TKC
31st January 2008, 12:11 AM
I will tell the manufacturer about the leads. There are 2 kinds of clasps and we have them both. I think one must break and the other pne doesn't so can anyone describe the one that broke? If anyone has any broken leads could you send them to me please at

Tara Choules
20 Park View
Ratoath
Co Meath

I can then show them what is happening and ask that they investigate asap and respond.

I use the Puppia leads with the regular clasp and none of mine have broken but I saw Karlins one and that is not good.

Nobby leads are excellent. We stock those.

If Puppia do not respond well we will not stock their leads anymore.

Personally I do not shop at Tesco because of their Free Range chicken and egg policies not being up to scratch. They do not promote free range and very rarely have a good free range stock whereas Dunnes stores are really embracing the free range model and I really like that.