PDA

View Full Version : Paws across the World - Special thoughts for Cavaliers and their friends

Nicki
28th January 2008, 04:24 PM
A thread for you to add your Cavalier or friends {human or animal companions} in need of positive thoughts, prayers or healing.
Whatever your religious/spiritual beliefs, I know we all feel better when we know that others are thinking of us and our beloved companions.

Please post as normal in the Health and diet section http://board.cavaliertalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43 (http://board.cavaliertalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)

Or in the Dog and Bone pub for anyone other than a Cavalier
http://board.cavaliertalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50 (http://board.cavaliertalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)

Then add your Cavalier or friend’s name to this thread, with a photo as well if possible. {You can also post the link to the thread containing the full story.}

Nicki
28th January 2008, 04:26 PM
TedBear
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v510/RupertsMum/TedBear/CardTeddy220505-23-101667.jpg

Will post a link to his story later - this is an example

Karlin
8th February 2008, 01:57 AM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/196/496622066_d6633cff61_m.jpg

Healing thoughts for Jaspar during and after his surgery Friday morning, when he gets a lump taken off his foot and biopsied. :)

Nicki
14th February 2008, 01:50 PM
For Misty's Cazy - http://board.cavaliertalk.com/showthread.php?t=23093

Cathy T
20th February 2008, 12:55 AM
Prayers and healing wishes for Madison and her decompression surgery on Tuesday the 26th of February.

Claire L
28th March 2008, 01:37 PM
Prayers and paws accross the world today for Bella...
http://board.cavaliertalk.com/showthread.php?t=23917

Nicki
3rd April 2008, 01:30 PM
For Kyla please

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v510/RupertsMum/Kyla/24Oct07-704.jpg

She has had some blood tests earlier this week, and further tests today to check for Cushings...we really hope that it will not be Cushings as this is difficult to treat and not very pleasant. Poor wee soul is absolutely starving, crying desperately when we are eating and just about taking your hand off even for boring rice cakes. Her coat has changed, and she has a few other things going on.

So please could you remember her if you are sending healing or prayers, it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

karenc
3rd April 2008, 01:48 PM
What a beauty. Thoughts and prayers for you all.I hope her tests dont show anything nasty.

pippa
3rd April 2008, 10:07 PM
For Aileens Sam,who isn't too well at the moment.

karenc
3rd April 2008, 10:14 PM
Prayers and thoughts for Sam.

karenc
3rd April 2008, 10:24 PM
Doogle is my cocker spaniel. Just before Christmas there was an awful smell from his mouth, thinking it was a bad tooth, I took a look. I was shocked to find a growth like a bunch of grapes. The vet confirmed it was a tumour, a very aggresive type. He had an op and they manged to remove it but told me it had seeded all along his gums and cheek. He was doing great until Feb when I found a lump on his neck. It was the cancer, it had returned in the Lymph gland, he has had this removed but a week after the op it had returned. He is going for a check up on Tuesday. I have been told there is nothing more can be done for my boy. He is fine for now, so please say a prayer he stays in good health for a good while yet.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll265/karbil52/doogle19nov.jpg

Alison_Leighfield
3rd April 2008, 10:57 PM
My lovely Lucy at 9yrs had a second stroke late last night. The week before Christmas she had the first and I know we were lucky to bring her home after that. Whatever gave her the strength then to fight for life may it be with her again now. I love her so much.

Alison.

Cathy T
3rd April 2008, 11:23 PM
My prayers and love going out to Kyla, Sam, Doogle and Lucy.

I'm so sorry you are all suffering and wish I could take all of your worries away. Since I can't, I am sending you a big warm hug to let you know you aren't alone. :hug:

Cathryn
3rd April 2008, 11:46 PM
:hug: :hug: to Kyla, Doogle, Sam and Lucy from me too, thinking of you all :luv:

pippa
4th April 2008, 01:39 AM
:hug: :hug: to Kyla, Doogle, Sam and Lucy from me too, thinking of you all :luv:

I too am thinking of you all , hopefully the morning and the coming days will bring good news for you all:paw::hug::lotsaluv:

Nicki
4th April 2008, 11:27 AM
Oh I'm so sorry to hear about poor Lucy that is really sad - I hope she will recover from this one too, Alison.

Karen, we're thinking about Doogle and hope he will be comfortable and happy for a long time yet.

Thinking of Sam too.

Alison_Leighfield
4th April 2008, 12:42 PM
I'm thinking of Kyla as well Nicki, look for constant thirst with Cushings as well, a bowl can get emptied in moments, it's just as bad as the hunger.

Alison.

Nicki
4th April 2008, 01:45 PM
Thanks Alison, yes she is drinking a lot more too - she paces the kitchen looking for food, and just about has your hand off even for boring rice cakes - not like her at all. If it isn't Cushings, then I really don't know what's going on...

Louise1823
4th April 2008, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Cathryn:hug: :hug: to Kyla, Doogle, Sam and Lucy from me too, thinking of you all
Just to let all 4 beauties know that I am thinking of you and hope you will all be okay...

Alison_Leighfield
19th April 2008, 08:39 PM
So a few weeks onwards our Lucy is up and about on very wobbly feet and legs. Her balance has been very much compromised and walking again has been a new challenge. We have a problem with her eyes in which one doesn't open very often now and the other one tends to flicker upwards all the time. Her vision and balance are not good which makes her giddy when moving causing some sickness. Quite a few wee's around so perhaps a little weakness there as well.
This has left her with some problems and we hope time and TLC will help her recover a little better.
Still enjoying a sleep on her sunny bench during the day and food still has a number one place on her list!

Here she is, up and about,

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/03leighfield/Image019.jpg

karenc
19th April 2008, 10:21 PM
Aww Bless her what a little trooper. Give her a big hug from me and my gang.

Just to update on Doogle too. His check at the vet went well ,he was really pleased with his progress, however, he cannot be cured so Im just taking it one day at a time and enjoying every minute wit the little fellow while I have him. Thank you all for your good wishes.:)

Alison_Leighfield
20th April 2008, 10:47 AM
Big hugs for Darling Doogle from from my girls also, just enjoy him, glad it went well at the vets for you both. (((xxx))).

Alison.

Claire L
20th April 2008, 11:57 AM
Oh my God!!! I'm so sorry to read about all these precious babies and their traumas :(
I pray that with time and love they will all come good.
Sending lots of prayers and hugs to all of you from me and my girls :hug::hug::hug::hug:

Nicki
20th April 2008, 12:44 PM
Oh bless her, poor Lucy - so sorry to hear she's still having problems following her stroke, and we really hope she will be feeling much better soon. Gentle hugs from us all here.

Good news on Doogle, Karen, glad he's doing ok - hugs for him too xx

Elaine 2
20th April 2008, 10:30 PM
Sending lots of good vibes for the 4 little poorly ones give each one a big hug from me

jcj528
21st April 2008, 12:56 AM
The elder of my two Corgis has been diagnosed with a pair of ruptured ligaments in his right wrist. There is a surgical procedure that might help him, but I have decided not to put him through it. He's not in much pain now so I'm hoping that he'll be with me for a long time to come. Please keep Zack in your thoughts and prayers and send him some "painfree" vibes from time to time

Thanks

Alison_Leighfield
21st April 2008, 08:37 AM
Sending love and hugs to Zack, we are thinking about you little one, (((x)))

Alison.

karenc
21st April 2008, 09:45 AM
Thinking of Zac, sending him good vibes for painfree days.

Nicki
21st May 2008, 11:41 PM
Please think of beautiful Fufu, she is Debbie's 10 year old Blenheim girl, who is in a the vets on a drip as she has HGE :(

{Haemorrhagic GastroEnteritis - extremely nasty version of diarrhoea and vomiting, where they pass lots of fresh red blood.}

Fufu is Mum and Granny to several of my dogs, so is very precious to us too. There are photos of her in the Oldies section.

Debbie is phoning the vets at 9am tomorrow so either she or I will post an update.

Cathy Moon
22nd May 2008, 12:17 AM
Sending lots of love and positive thoughts to all the cavaliers and their guardians who are still needing help. :lotsaluv::flwr::hug:

Elaine 2
22nd May 2008, 01:06 AM
Lot's of good vibes being sent Fufu way, hope she's ok :xfngr:

Cathy T
22nd May 2008, 05:05 AM
Sending out healing prayers for Fufu.

Nicki
22nd May 2008, 12:08 PM
Thanks everyone - I'm really pleased to report that Fufu is doing much better :D

So much so, that she is sitting looking disgusted that she's not been allowed to eat anything :lotsaluv:

All being well, she is coming home this evening - YAY!!!

Nicki
24th May 2008, 01:24 PM
Fufu is doing really well and is now back home :D

Elaine 2
24th May 2008, 11:25 PM
Great news, give her a gentle hug from me :thmbsup:

karenc
25th May 2008, 08:48 AM
Glad to read Fufu is feeling much better.:)

Cathy T
25th May 2008, 04:46 PM
Glad to hear Fufu is home and feeling better.

karenc
11th June 2008, 10:08 AM
Another set back for Doogle, I found another growth on his lip ,where the big one was removed in December. He had his lymph gland removed in Feb so this isnt good news. Im hoping when I take him back to the vets it can be removed once again. Fingers and paws crossed. Will let you all know. Prayers for my little lad please.:(

Arne
11th June 2008, 12:11 PM
poistive thoughts heading your way for Doogle

Barbara Nixon
11th June 2008, 02:02 PM
Good luck Doogle. I hope he's just like my springer Cindy. She had lots of lumpy bits crop up, but was always fine when they were removed.

Elaine 2
12th June 2008, 02:26 AM
Lot's of good vibes being sent for Doogle Karen, l hope the vet can remove this lump off his lip, he's such a brave little lad :xfngr:

Nicki
18th June 2008, 11:09 PM
oh Karen I'm so sorry to hear this news - sending lots of positive healing thoughts from here too.

Four special wee babies are also in need of heaing thoughts - they were born on Saturday, Tizzi {Tricolour} is the Mum {who belongs to Debbie but lives with us} and Cruzy {my Blen boy} is the Dad.

Unfortunately Tizzi has an abscess behind her eye and the infection was being passed on to the puppies - we've had to take them away from her and they are being tube fed every two hours. They are doing ok at the moment, but obviously this is not an ideal situation and we are very worried about them.

They are all boys - three Blens and one Tri, and all have homes waiting for them. :thmbsup:

Please keep them and Mummy Tizzi in your thoughts, thank you. :flwr::flwr:

Karlin
18th June 2008, 11:11 PM
Keeping Doogle and the pups and Tizzy in special thoughts here. :flwr:

karenc
19th June 2008, 09:34 AM
I'll say a prayer for Tizzy and her babes tonight. Hugs to Tizzy, she must be missing her little ones,bless.

Elaine 2
19th June 2008, 08:35 PM
Lots of good healing vibes being sent for Tizzy and her 4 babies, that's so sad

Nicki
20th June 2008, 09:53 PM
Thanks very much - puppies are still with us but still a bit touch and go at the moment. Tizzi is doing great, she's going to the eye specialst on Tues so I will post the results of that afterwards.

Claire L
20th June 2008, 10:21 PM
Poor Tizzi and babies. You must be exhausted having to feed them every two hours. Lots of prayers and healing thoughts coming from us.

Nicki
26th June 2008, 11:41 PM
Tizzi's pups are doing ok, they will be very slow to develop, will probably be almost 4 weeks before they open their eyes and are eating.
Just fantastic news that they are still with us :rah:

thanks eveyrone for thinking of them - and of us.

Cleo's Person
27th June 2008, 12:25 AM
Glad to hear that Tizzi's pups have improved a little. Lots of good thoughts heading you way.

Nicki
5th July 2008, 05:54 PM
Well the bad news first, very sadly we've lost one of the Blen boy puppies :(:(

Some good news though is that the results from Tizzi's biopsies are both ok, they think it was just some kind of chronic inflammation causing a conjunctivitis. It sounds like everything will be ok, thank goodness. We were worried she was going to lose the eye or worse...if it had been an abscess behind it, the infection can track up into the brain :(

Please could you also keep Kyla in your thoughts and prayers though, we are strugling with her epilepsy and Syringomyelia at present and are off down to see the neurologist at Glasgow on 14th July.

Kyla
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v510/RupertsMum/Kyla/24Oct07-704.jpg

karenc
5th July 2008, 10:33 PM
Sorry to read about the loss of the little one. Good news about Tizzy though.

Sending hugs and positive thought for Kyla, hope they can sort her out in Glasgow.

Nicki
5th July 2008, 11:23 PM
Thanks Karen - how's Doogle getting on? Thinking of him :flwr:

karenc
6th July 2008, 10:56 PM
Doogle had three re-growths removed from his lip last week. I took him for his check-up on Saturday to find he has an infection in his neck so is on Metacam and antibiotics. If it doesn't go down after the meds they will take some fluid from it to see what it is , so Im keeping my fingers crossed. Other than that he seems to be fine.Thanks for asking after him Nicki.:paw:

Nicki
6th July 2008, 11:51 PM
Oh goodness poor Doogle - and poor you. Gentle hugs to you both. I hope he feels a bit better soon and that it is just an infection and nothing nasty.

Arne
7th July 2008, 11:34 AM
thinking about you all.

Nicki
7th July 2008, 12:52 PM
:( More very sad news I'm afraid - we lost another two of the puppies, and sadly the last one is not looking hopeful either.

Breeding really is horrible sometimes - there can be lots of emotional heartache, and it's just devestating when you are trying to hardest like Debbie is, to produce healthy, happy puppies, that conform to the breed standard, and this happens.

Arne
7th July 2008, 01:06 PM
I am so sorry. run free little ones.

karenc
7th July 2008, 01:59 PM
Thats sad to hear. Such a shame for all. Breeding can be stresssful cant it and plays havoc on the heart strings especially when they are older and you have had the time to bond with them. Im praying for the last one. Thinking of them all... bless.

karenc
16th July 2008, 08:35 PM
Im asking for prayers for Doogle again. He is having yet another op on Friday to remove what feel like three golf balls from his neck. The vet has basically said it will become harder to remove anymore from his neck as ther are so many blood vessels, and its growing rapidly, but he is going to try. He is still a happy bouncy boy and eats well , its such a shame he has to go through its again in such a short space of time.:(

Cleo's Person
16th July 2008, 09:11 PM
Oh Karen, I'm so sorry Doogle is having such a rought time of it. :xfngr: :xfngr: for a good outcome for Friday. Lots of prayers and burning votive candles for him.

Elaine 2
17th July 2008, 01:14 AM
Poor Doogie, I'm sending positive thoughts and as many good vibes as l can muster for Friday for him Karen, l really hope the vet can give him a little more time with you, sending hugs for you both

Arne
17th July 2008, 09:58 AM
Sending lots of positive thoughts for Doogle, the Vet, and you too for Friday

karenc
19th July 2008, 07:28 PM
Doogle has had his op and is doing ok. It's swelling a lot but the vet said its expected. The vet said that because his tumour is a nasty fast growing one the blood vessels cant keep up with its growth so it died inside and had begun to rot. He said it was rather nasty but got most of it. I wont cure him but buys him some more time. He has a 4 inch wound and 6 stitches. He is eating fine and seems fine. Fingers crossed it doesnt grow at the rate it was. Thanks for thinking of him.

Claire L
9th August 2008, 04:48 PM
Paws across the world for Heidi (http://board.cavaliertalk.com/showthread.php?t=26166) :paw::paw: that she continues to improve and is back home with her family very soon :lotsaluv:

Elaine 2
10th August 2008, 01:12 AM
Lot's of good vibes being sent Heidi's way from us we've got everything crossed for a speedy recovery for her
Get well soon little Heidi

Claire L
20th August 2008, 07:11 PM
Paws across the world for little Tina (http://board.cavaliertalk.com/showthread.php?t=26363) :paw::paw::paw::paw:
She is in surgery right now.

Cleo's Person
20th August 2008, 07:19 PM
Paws across the world for little Tina (http://board.cavaliertalk.com/showthread.php?t=26363) :paw::paw::paw::paw:
She is in surgery right now.

Absolutely. Everything crossed hoping she will pull through.

Elaine 2
20th August 2008, 10:41 PM
Positive thoughts and good vibes being sent to little Tina,all fingers and paws crossed here for a full recovery:xfngr:

Claire L
21st August 2008, 02:37 PM
Paws accross the world for Amys boy Toby (http://board.cavaliertalk.com/showthread.php?p=281668&posted=1#post281668) he's in surgery now.
Sending positive healing thoughts your way Tobes :lotsaluv:

Cleo's Person
21st August 2008, 05:58 PM
Hope Toby came through ok.

karenc
21st August 2008, 10:05 PM
Positive vibes for Tina and Toby. I will say a prayer for them both tonight.

Claire L
13th September 2008, 12:33 PM
Prayers and positive thoughts for Finn :xfngr: he passes whatever is blocking his intestines. :lotsaluv:

Cathy T
13th September 2008, 03:58 PM
Come on Finn!!! We're all pulling for you!!

pippa
14th September 2008, 09:23 AM
Hoping Finn is well again soon.

Karlin
29th October 2008, 05:29 PM
Special thoughts and prayers for a friend's special dog who just had the SM decompression surgery. :xfngr::xfngr:

pippa
29th October 2008, 05:34 PM
Sending thoughts and good wishes to your friend Karlin. Hope her doggie is ok and the surgery goes well.

Elaine 2
29th October 2008, 08:38 PM
Lot's of good vibes from me too, l hope this little lad is feeling better soon

Fifer
29th October 2008, 09:05 PM
Thinking of them both tonight - positive thoughts and very best wishes for a speedy recovery :flwr:

Cathy Moon
2nd November 2008, 12:52 AM
Sending positive thoughts and get well wishes. Hope he feels much better soon. :flwr:

Karlin
2nd November 2008, 02:55 PM
My friend sends thanks for the positive thoughts -- her dog is through the surgery and doing well, so might get to come home a bit early! :rah:

Nicki
28th November 2008, 11:25 PM
Our precious Rupert is at my vets, on a drip :( He's suffering with pancreatitis and is very poorly. He's almost 12 1/2 so it is hard for him to fight off things like a younger dog would.

Please think of him...

I'm going in to see him at 10am tomorrow morning so will update when I get back.

Thank you :flwr:

Rupert - a favourite photo taken a couple of years ago

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v510/RupertsMum/Rupert/Rupertadj074518.jpg

Shelli
28th November 2008, 11:31 PM
So sorry to hear this Nicki :flwr:
:xfngr: Rupert will be ok.

Big :hug: for you, try not to worry too much :flwr:

Elaine 2
29th November 2008, 12:36 AM
I'm sending heaps of good vibes for Rupert, l hope he's a bit better when you see him tomorrow :xfngr: you're both in my thoughts

Margaret C
29th November 2008, 12:47 AM
Rupert is such a special cavalier, just like his Daddy.
Hoping to hear better news tomorrow.
You are all in my thoughts.

Margaret C

*Pauline*
29th November 2008, 01:14 AM
Oh I love Rupert, I was going to call my second Cavalier Rupert. Give him a kiss from me and I'll say a prayer for him. He's so beautiful. :hug:

Jasperxxgabby
29th November 2008, 01:30 AM
So sorry to hear that Rupert is poorly, I will be thinking of him and hoping that he will soon be feeling better, :flwr::flwr::flwr:.

arasara
29th November 2008, 01:32 AM
***HUGZ*** to you and Rupert Nicki. I hope he feels better soon :flwr::flwr::hug::hug:

Davy
29th November 2008, 01:34 AM
Thinking of my special Rupert :xfngr:

Nicki
29th November 2008, 02:01 PM
Thank you so much everyone - I've been in to see him this morning - actually sat with him in the kennel for about an hour and half, as everytime I went to go, he just looked at me :(

Rupert is on a drip still, he's having strong pain relief as this is a very painful condition. He's also had antibiotics and something to stop him being sick.

He hasn't actually had a meal since Thursday evening :eek: and that came back up - and out - in rather a hurry. So he's looking somewhat skinny bless him.

We have got to rest his pancreas completely so he isn't allowed anything by mouth at all, not even his heart meds {he isn't in heart failure thank goodness, but is on Vetmedin}.

The vet said he was a bit brighter first thing, but the painkillers make him very sleepy.

He's in the best place, I know that, but it's so hard to leave him there...

He was fast asleep and snoring when I left though - and has a heat pad if he wants it and a blanket from home to cuddle up to.

My vet is going back in to see him at 4pm and will update me again then.

ClareLovesCavvies
29th November 2008, 02:10 PM
Thinking of you and Rupert, bless his heart xx

pippa
29th November 2008, 02:42 PM
Thinking of you and Little Rupert.

brotymo
29th November 2008, 05:04 PM
I have you and Rupert in my thoughts and prayers. I hope he gets well soon. :hug:

Cathy T
29th November 2008, 07:59 PM
Praying for Rupert.

Nicki
29th November 2008, 08:52 PM
Sorry for not posting earlier - got a bit caught up feeding everyone and with phone calls...

Rupert is doing ok, he was a bit brighter and my vet took him out for a wee.

He still won't even drink though - not tried him yet with food. He isn't vomiting anymore which is a good sign.

He is still quite sore so I guess he won't be home tomorrow unfortunately :'(

My vet is going to see him again later tonight, if there's any change I'll post, otherwise I'll post after she phones in the morning.

Thank you so much for all the good wishes.

Nicki
30th November 2008, 05:49 PM
Rupert is doing well, he is a bit brigther today. He goes out for a little walk for a potty break :) He hasn't had anymore vomiting or diarrhoea {but nor has he had any food since Thurs evening}. Going to have blood tests again tomorrow to see where we are - we need his levels to normalise before we can start thinking about bowls of water or food again...That will be the test, whether we can get him eating again :(

I sat with him for about 1 1/2 hours yesterday in the kennel :) I couldn't do that today, but my vet has been in to see him. I'm hoping to go over tomorrow afternoon, and hopefully may be able to try to feed him.

merlinsmum
30th November 2008, 08:28 PM
Sorry Nicki, i didn't see this until now. Me and the boys send big hugs up the M6 to you and Rupert - hope the little man feels better soon:paw:

Elaine 2
30th November 2008, 11:30 PM
I'm pleased to hear he's a little better today, Ive got fingers crossed all goes well tomorrow with his blood tests, sending gentle hugs his way

Claire L
30th November 2008, 11:50 PM
Rupert, I'm sorry to hear that you are unwell :( I hope as each day passes, you will improve and soon be back home .

Get well soon little man :hug::hug::paw::paw::paw:

frecklesmom
1st December 2008, 01:53 AM
Hoping that Rupert kicks this soon. He's such a beautiful boy and needs to turn the corner toward wellness.:hug:to you,big boy.

Nicki
1st December 2008, 06:27 PM
Just got back from a visit with Rupert - I was able to sit with him for about an hour which was nice, but was somewhat upset that he didn't manage to wag his tail - not even for Teddy {who was with me}. Rupert wags for everyone so it's hard seeing him so unhappy. Teddy got in the kennel with Rupert and cuddled up to him which was nice for both of them.

Rupert had bloods taken this morning, unfortunately the Amylase enzyme is still raised, although it has come down quite a lot thank goodness. This is the one that causes the pain, so he is a bit more comfortable now too.

He is very skinny now, and a bit weak at the back end, but I did take him out for a wee and he enjoyed being outside and getting some fresh [rather cold!] air.

He is still on a drip, and we will have more bloods taken Weds morning, and go from there. At the moment the Lipase is still quite high, that hasn't come down at all and we're not too sure why, but that one isn't quite as important as the Amylase. Rupert can't have anything to eat or drink until the Amylase normalises.

It's heartbreaking to leave poor Rupert at the vets, really hard to leave him when I come away, but I know it's for the best for now.

{I'd had to take Teddy with me, after he had been poorly overnight with dreadful diarrhoea - he was very flat, but really perked up after having some Buscopan}.

Thank you for all the good wishes and messages of support, it means a lot to us. :thmbsup:

A couple more photos of our special wee guy...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v510/RupertsMum/Rupert/IMG_1165.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v510/RupertsMum/Rupert/adjRupert152122.jpg

Margaret C
1st December 2008, 06:54 PM
Poor Nicki,
You are all going through such a terrible time. You have been very much in my thoughts.
I do hope the wonderful Rupert perks up and is back with you soon and that Teddy's digestive problems have been sorted out.
Loved the photos. He really does have personality plus.

Margaret C

ttsabin
1st December 2008, 07:25 PM
hugs to darling rupert
get well soon :paw:
teresa

*Pauline*
1st December 2008, 11:28 PM
Rupert looks like one of those dogs you just have to pick up and kiss, it must be very hard leaving him at the vets. Bless him. I hope he gets better soon. :hug: Thinking of you Nicki. xx

frecklesmom
2nd December 2008, 12:40 AM
:hug: Rupert, keep fighting.

Nicki
2nd December 2008, 08:53 AM
Thanks everyone :flwr:

Oscar the foster is going in to have his eye removed today - please think positive thoughts for him too - thank you.

Oscar's story

http://board.cavaliertalk.com/showthread.php?t=28085

Nicki
2nd December 2008, 04:13 PM
OSCAR

Oscar is safely through the op and home - and snoring LOL

He looks like a wee pirate with a big blue bandage over his eye - photo to follow {although I don't think he will ever forgive me!!}

Vet was very pleased with him - the op went smoothly so thank you for all the good wishes.

The other good news is that he has now lost 800g and is down to 14.2kg - feeling very guilty here that I've been starving him :o but have just been giving him a sensible amount of food and excercise and that is working. He is much more full of life, is playing and is turning into quite a character ;)

RUPERT

RUPERT PAWED ME TO FUSS HIS CHEST!!

Just a bit excited that he did that :D

He seemed pleased to see me, was sitting up more and taking more interest in everything. Kate, his vet, is very pleased with him and feels he may have turned the corner.

{I must admit that when I saw him this morning, I was getting somewhat concerned...so this afernoon the tears are happy ones :D}

frecklesmom
2nd December 2008, 04:18 PM
Yeah,Rupert :hug:

Margaret C
2nd December 2008, 04:51 PM
Happy news on both. Thank you for keeping us all informed.

Rupert is a wonder dog.

Well done to you Nicki, you have had so much to cope with lately.
These little dogs are lucky to have such a marvellous care-giver as you.

Margaret C

Sandrac
2nd December 2008, 05:10 PM
Sending lots of get well :hug::hug: to both Rupert and Oscar.:flwr::flwr:

pippa
2nd December 2008, 08:22 PM
Sending wishes for a speedy recovery back to full health for Rupert and Oscar.

Nicki
3rd December 2008, 07:52 PM
Sorry for the delayed update - it's been a bit of a day :(

The good news is that Oscar's bandage is off, it looks a bit gory {might post a photo tomorrow for those with strong stomachs...} but he's much more comfortable without it. He is getting about really well with the bucket collar on - it's a clear one so he can see where he is going. He's eating really well - no surprise there with Oscar!! - I'm just having to soak his kibble and not give him anything hard to chew on as that hurts him.

He seems very happy - he was sore last night and quite whiny, but is doing great today :biggrin:

Rupert is doing ok - he was pleased to see me again, once he woke up - he was snoring when I arrived :lotsaluv:

HIs enzymes still aren't normal but Glasgow vet school have advised us to give him very small amounts of bland food {boiled chicken or white fish and rice}, literally one teaspoon :eek: - every few hours. He has started to drink from a bowl again which is great. He isn't intersted in the food, but if you put it in his mouth he swallows it rather than spits it out which is ok.

He lets the vets know when he wants to go out - if they open the door he walks out of the kennel as fast as his little legs can carry him at the moment:dogwlk:

He is just a bag of bones now bless him, really hard to see him like this. :(

If he manages to keep the food down and there is no vomiting or diarrhoea overnight, then they will try removing the drip and we *might* be able to bring him home :smile: Paws crossed, but I'm not getting my hopes up too high yet just in case {also because we have exceptionally bad weather forecast for overnight and tomorrow, so we might not even be able to get there due to that :mad: }

He will need quite intensive care, so please forgive me in advance if I'm not about very much...

The not so good news is that Cruzy's tummy is away AGAIN :(:mad:

He has EXOCRINE PANCREATIC INSUFFICIENCY- more info here http://www.provet.co.uk/health/diseases/git-epi.htm

which we had managed to get under control with the Pancreatic Enzymes - after about three weeks of unexplained and uncontrollable diarrhoea. He's been ok for about a week, and for some reason, he was slightly loose last night and then I got up this morning to diarrhoea from one end of the kitchen to the other....

He is also extremely skinny now - and quite a worry. SO I will be taking him back to the vet again tomorrow too - weather permitting.

Sabby
4th December 2008, 12:33 AM
Sounds like you having a terrible time. It’s bad enough having one dog that is ill, but you are having your hands full. :xfngr: the weather is not going to turn bad.
Thinking of you and wishing all three a speedy recovery. :hug:

Cathy Moon
4th December 2008, 12:20 PM
We're hoping they'll all get well very soon. :xfngr::xfngr::paw::paw::paw::flwr:

diddy
4th December 2008, 01:17 PM
You poor thing, you've certainly got your hands full right now.
Here's hoping that all 3 recover very soon.:xfngr::xfngr::xfngr:

Nicki
4th December 2008, 05:28 PM
Thank you - the good wishes worked as

RUPERT'S HOME!!!

We're just over the moon, I admit to having been very concerned as to whether we would have him home again :(, so it is lovely to see him curled up happily asleep in his bed :) We have put his bed in the sitting room in the puppy pen, so he's in with us but the others can't bother him.

He's very thin - has lost a kilo, so only weighs 9.7kg now - and looks so frail that a strong gust of wind would blow him over. :(

The most important thing though is that he's still with us. ;)

He is starting to eat - 1tsp of boiled chicken or tinned ID diet every 2-3 hours, and he did actually take that from my fingers just now rather than me having to put it in his mouth, so that's great. He is drinking by himself quite happily, which is why he was allowed home, as he no longer needs the drip. He isn't being sick now, so we hope that will last.

He will have more blood tests in the middle of next week - there is a risk that he could develop diabetes, but we'll worry about that if it happens...

OSCAR

Oscar is doing amazingly well - he actually jumped up at me when I came back - that's good news really, he wouldn't have managed it when he first came here! I think that he is far more comfortable without the eye - I can't believe he's only just undergone that surgery, he is truly amazing. He's also the best I've ever seen with a buster collar - he charges around and doesn't seem worried by it at all - in the past our other dogs have claimed they were unable to walk with theirs on!

CRUZ and TEDDY

Cruzy's tummy is much better today - unfortunately Teddy had a relapse but seems ok this afternoon. We are looking at their diets, and think they are both going to need a low fat diet - although that will bring its own problems as neither of them hold their weight very well.

Shelli
4th December 2008, 05:35 PM
:rah::rah: That's excellent news Nicki :rah::rah:

frecklesmom
4th December 2008, 05:55 PM
Such good news :D. So many different fronts of concerns but sounds like you have it in hand :thmbsup:. To you and the pups :flwr:.

brotymo
4th December 2008, 07:02 PM
Such happy news about Rupert. I am so sorry you have had all these medical dramas unfolding at the same time. How stressful and consuming! I hope everyone is doing well very soon.

Margaret C
12th December 2008, 11:14 PM
Please have Nicki in your thoughts this evening.
Rupert died today.

Such a wonderful little dog and such a wonderful owner.

Margaret C

Davy
13th December 2008, 12:19 AM
RIP sweet one :(

So glad to have known you even if it was just through your beautiful face in your photos.

*Pauline*
13th December 2008, 12:21 AM
Oh no, I'm so sorry. :(

Maggles
13th December 2008, 12:24 AM
nicki, i'm sorry... thinking of you.

frecklesmom
13th December 2008, 12:52 AM
Ah Nicki, I'm so sorry :(. :hug:to you.

pippa
13th December 2008, 01:03 AM
So sorry Nicki:(

brotymo
13th December 2008, 01:42 AM
Oh, bless him and poor Nicki. Things had sounded so much better.
They are in my thoughts during this hard time.

Elaine 2
13th December 2008, 02:06 AM
I'm so sorry Nicki :(

Oliver Trollope
13th December 2008, 05:05 AM
Oh my, I am sorry. I am very new here but have read the entire thread. Rupert came home and now he's at the Rainbow Bridge. Bless you for taking such tender, loving care of these sweet darlings. I am truly sorry for your loss.

mishy
13th December 2008, 06:01 PM
So sad to hear about Rupert. Thinking of you Nikki.

Mary
13th December 2008, 06:24 PM
Rupert's kind and wise eyes will not be forgotten. You are in my thoughts and prayers during this sad sad time.

linderbelle
13th December 2008, 06:26 PM
Nikki--I'm new to this forum--only a week. I am so sorry to hear that you have lost your baby. My heart aches for you as all of ours do--we all understand. Its like losing your child. You're in our thoughts and prayers and may he rip.

Nicki
23rd December 2008, 11:57 AM
Thank you for all the kind messages, they are much appreciated. :flwr::flwr:

We are slowly adjusting to life without our special wee guy - he has left a huge hole that no-one will ever fill, but we are lucky to have such fantastic memories of himi. He only ever knew love, so was a lucky boy.

Can I ask for more thoughts though please? Some of you may remember Tizzi, she belongs to my friend, Debbie, but lived with us for quite a while. She was in whelp, but had to have an emergency section on Friday at only 8 weeks gestation. She is doing ok, and the very talented vet managed to save 5 puppies - but they are tiny, very premature in development and struggling a bit :(

At birth, they weighed between 1.9 and 4.5oz - Cavaliers are normally 5-8 oz, but 10 or 11oz is not uncommon.

They were being tube fed every 2 hours day and night, and are all over 3oz now, thank goodness. Three are now able to suckle on Mummy, and the biggest, the Tri boy is 6.6oz!

Two of them are still being tube fed and are not doing quite as well.

Please could you keep them all in your thoughts, also Debbie, she is very tired as you can imagine.

Thank you.

Cathy T
23rd December 2008, 05:33 PM
Keeping Tizzi, Debbie and the pups in my prayers.

Nicki
26th December 2008, 04:27 PM
Thanks Cathy - sadly two of the puppies passed away, but the other three are doing well and we are hopeful for them.

Cathy T
21st October 2009, 04:37 AM
Can we start a Paws across the World for Kathy and Levi that they have a safe trip home. Tomorrow is the big day. I wish I could see their reunion. Starting paws out here in California. Safe travels Kathy.

KCB
21st October 2009, 08:57 AM
Good luck to Kathy on your journey as you collect Levi. I too would love to witness this reunion. Your love for Levi really shines out of your posts. Will be thinking of you today as you travel and look forward to hearing all about Levi when you return home. Travel safely.

Kathleen

Charlifarley
21st October 2009, 10:26 AM
Great idea Cathy. Thinking of you both: Levi and Kathy, hope the journey isn't troublesome for either of you, and I know your reunion is going to be very special.
xx
Charli

Sabby
21st October 2009, 11:11 AM
Thinking of you and Levi today.
Hope that both of you have a save trip and a great reunion

Nicki
21st October 2009, 12:30 PM
Thoughts are with you both x

pippa
21st October 2009, 03:04 PM
Thinking of you both.

patg
22nd October 2009, 01:48 AM
Wishing Kathy and Levi much love and luck on your journey home. I am sure your reunion will be worth all of your efforts.:)

Wagtails
22nd October 2009, 12:32 PM
We're all thinking of Kathy and Levi here too and hoping that their reunion will be memorable and their journeys safe and on time :l*v:

Claire L
19th March 2010, 08:37 PM
Paws across the world for Shiver's little boy Prince http://www.cavaliertalk.com/forums/showthread.php?34083-Very-Sick-Prince

Wagtails
19th March 2010, 10:01 PM
Still holding Prince and all of you in our hearts xx

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv97/Cavviewagtails/Cards/ThinkingofYouEMAIL.jpg

Nicki
15th April 2010, 01:27 PM
Please can I ask everyone to think of Fufu?

Her quality of life has been deteriorating of late, she has bad arthritis, also a bad heart {but not in CHF}, but she has been battling another bout of Pancreatitis and very sadly this time she is not winning :(:(

She has been an amazing dog, bounced back so many times even from HGE and Pancreatitis, but this episdoe has taken it's toll. She doesn't want to eat and is in pain, so we have decided that the kindest thing to do is to let her go.

This is so very very hard for us after losing Teddy just a week ago.

Fufu actually belongs to my friend Debbie, but has been living with us for the last 2 years and has become one of the family. She is quite a character, very much my husband's dog, I'm just the house keeping staff! but we love her to bits. She is Great Granny to our puppies {Tommy, Lauren and Kayleigh} and Granny to Fran's {Misty on the board} Oscar.

My vet is coming out this afternoon.

This was taken a couple of years ago - sadly she looks somewhat older and more frail now, but this is how we want to remember her

http://www.pbase.com/trevorhughes/image/104644727/original.jpg

Wagtails
15th April 2010, 02:14 PM
Oh Nicki - I can't believe you are going through this again so soon! My heart is breaking for you and Fufu. What can we say other than

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv97/Cavviewagtails/Cards/Thinkingofyou.jpg

Heartfelt thoughts will be with you and Debbie this afternoon and in the future. http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv97/Cavviewagtails/Animations/Sparklingtulip.gifhttp://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv97/Cavviewagtails/Animations/Sparklingtulip.gif

Zoe bowie
15th April 2010, 04:01 PM
My thougths & prayers are with you at this very sad time, even though you know you are doing the best for Fufu, it must be very hard to let her go....both her & Teddy will be waiting for you at the bridge..hugs & kisses from my family to yours :hug:

Cathy T
15th April 2010, 04:39 PM
Oh no Nicki....not Fufu :( I'm so so sorry you're having to let her go, the kindest thing to do but with all you've been through this is just so much harder.

Margaret C
15th April 2010, 08:11 PM
Dear Nicki & Trevor.

This is just so unbelievable. Poor little Fufu, she has been such a little fighter.

I am thinking of you

tupup
15th April 2010, 08:26 PM
Dear Nicki & Trevor
You are in my thoughts & prayers.oh Nicki my heart goes out to you.This is just too cruel to you all so soon after Teddy.Bless you little Fufu.:hug::hug:

diddy
15th April 2010, 08:31 PM
Nicki
This is just so unfair on you, having to let her go so soon after loosing your darling Teddy. Sending you a hug :hug: and keeping you in my thoughts.
Diane

Nicki
15th April 2010, 10:57 PM
Thank you so much everyone - your posts and kind thoughts really helped today to support us through an incredibly difficult time.

Precious Fufu is now at peace - and will always be remembered with much love.

Marie-Anne you have some wonderful graphics, that was beautiful - thank you x

Nicki
28th April 2011, 09:32 PM
I see that sadly Paws across the world hasn't been used for awhile, but there is a very special Cavalier who needs our thoughts and prayers, Anne's Ella :(

It is Ella's 5th birthday on 30th April 2011 [Saturday] so she absolutely has to be well enough to come home from hospital to be with Anne to celebrate.

http://www.cavaliertalk.com/forums/showthread.php?37949-Please-help!-Ella-still-not-well.

Keeping you and Ella in our thoughts, Anne :flwr:

Blondiemonster
29th April 2011, 08:20 PM
Anne has told me she is in surgery and I just wanted to ask everybody who reads this in time to do a special prayer for this special little girl and loved member of the board for a much needed and speedy recovery.

Lynn and Blondie

Nicki
29th April 2011, 08:40 PM
I've moved this to here Lynn - Anne and Ella are in our thoughts xx

Nicki
29th April 2011, 09:31 PM
There's an update on Ella here http://www.cavaliertalk.com/forums/showthread.php?37949-Please-help!-Ella-still-not-well.&p=387661#post387661

GraciesMom
2nd May 2011, 10:36 PM
God bless wee little angel Ella for being so brave. Both have been and will always be an inspiration to all of us to fight SM and other afflictions of Cavaliers. I know that Ella will be without pain and playing with other Cavvies on the other side of the bridge, but she will be missed so dearly by all who loved and admired her.

Nicki
14th August 2011, 04:11 PM
Please see Gracie's story http://www.cavaliertalk.com/forums/showthread.php?39215-Update-on-surgery-tomorrow-and-University-of-Florida-facility

and update here http://www.cavaliertalk.com/forums/showthread.php?39267-Need-your-prayers...Gracie-update

Gracie is having a really tough time post decompression surgery for Syringomyelia :(

Sydneys Mom
14th August 2011, 09:18 PM
I would like to send a special prayer to Scooby and his family (smarsden99) who has been so brave fighting MVD.

http://www.cavaliertalk.com/forums/showthread.php?38833-Scooby-still-battling-along-was-quot-Not-good-news-...-We-re-losing...-quot (http://www.cavaliertalk.com/forums/showthread.php?38833-Scooby-still-battling-along-was-quot-Not-good-news-...-We-re-losing...-quot)

GraciesMom
14th August 2011, 11:44 PM
Me too!

I would like to send a special prayer to Scooby and his family (smarsden99) who has been so brave fighting MVD.

http://www.cavaliertalk.com/forums/showthread.php?38833-Scooby-still-battling-along-was-quot-Not-good-news-...-We-re-losing...-quot (http://www.cavaliertalk.com/forums/showthread.php?38833-Scooby-still-battling-along-was-quot-Not-good-news-...-We-re-losing...-quot)

BrooklynMom
15th August 2011, 03:39 AM
Me three!! Prayers to Scooby!!!

mommytoClaire
15th August 2011, 06:06 AM
I'll be praying for Scoobys family, and of course little Gracie. Hugs to you all