• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

is it safe??

thanks

i didn't think so

on another forum i go on someone asked how to tell a dog was pregnant, she has 3 cavs one is pregnant and she isn't sure of the other
i've asked her why didn't the vet advise her when she had the health checks and she won't answer!!

sounds like another byb if you ask me!!

It is done to mate a bitch who has had a c-section -after all people go on to have further babies after c-sections...

However it is considered unethical if it is known that the bitch will need another c-section.

The kennel club specifies that bitches can only have two litters by c-section unless there are exceptional circumstances. Hope that helps?

Heather, that does sound a bit worrying...

My breeder stopped breeding from Merlin and Oakley's mum when she had to have a c section after Oakley's litter.

I think sometimes the risk of another c section and the effects on the dog outweigh all else.

Thats purely my opinion as I only have experience of my mum's litters!

There is a very famous kennel here where she only has csections because it results in more live puppies. They have the anaesthesia so perfected now that the dog is only under for the duration of the surgery and is even able to nurse immediately after. Both whelping and csections each have risks.

only ever had one section here and its certainly isn;t something i would just do i found it hard going on my girl

its said to be safe to breed again but personally i wouldn't

It depends on why they had to have a section. One large stuck pup will necessitate a c-section. It has nothing to do with the conception or delivery of subsequent puppies.

Sorry, I just don't see why it wouldn't be "safe".

There was a story on another forum of a bitches uterus ruptering at the old c section scar resulting in the pup slipping into her abdomen

Uterine rupture is possible at any time. I had to have a bitch spay on the table during our first c-section due to an overly crowded and stretched uterus.

Back