• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Stomach Virus

I've been told that usually they aren't trans species. The dogs temperature runs higher than ours normally. Human 98.6 +/- and a dog is about 101 +/-
Our bodies run temps to naturally kill whatever infection we have.

But, I still don't cough on the pups and I wash my hands often when I am not well.

Do be careful!

Last year between me and the boys we managed to pass germs between us giving us all squits! Fortunatley it was only mild but as you can't help being so close and cuddly with cavs its best to air on the cautious side:)

Dog's constitution is often more resistant to bugs than ours.

I'd be more worried about your other family members. Most stomach bugs are passed on by poor hygiene (hope that doesn't sound offensive). Keep hands washed, scrub under fingernails (especially prior to handling food). And something people often forget.... clean bathroom tap handles & door handles with an antibacterial. With a really nasty tummy bug, doctors will often advise the afflicted to use a different bathroom if there is more than one in the house. Most cross infection happens somewhere between the bathroom & the kitchen. :eek:

Thanks! My husband has pretty much been living in one side of the house and me in the other for the past couple of days. I think I'm getting over the bug. My mom made the comment to me to stay away from the pups because they could get it and I thought I would see what everyone elses opinion was. Everything I've touched has been sprayed with antibacterial stuff after i've used it everytime so I think he should be fine..hopefully :xfngr:

Back