• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Bummer

Cathy T

Jake and Shelby had their annual exams today. The good news is that neither needs a dental and both of their hearts sound good (we'll still do the health clinic with the cardiologist in April). She said that overall they look great and their weight is fine.

The bad news is Shelby's knee is shot....yep, the one that had double surgery for patellar luxation. Same dang knee. The vet graded it at 3-4 on a scale of 4. Nothing we can do. Can't do surgery again....no point. I'll get her started (again) on glucosamine/chondroitin. Bummer
icon_sad.gif

:hug: I'm so sorry that the news was not good about Shelby's knee. It must rip your heart out to get this news. :hug: hang in there

It is so difficult when our pets health is in jeopardy & they have pain.
So sorry to hear, Debbie

Oh no; that is really disappointing. Poor Shelby and poor you; you both went through so much between those two surgeries. Does she show difficulty when she walks at all?

Does she show difficulty when she walks at all?

Unfortunately....yes. I had noticed her walk seemed to be a bit stiff-legged so this wasn't a complete surprise. Just kind of a bummer to be right.

She doesn't show any pain (but then again Shelby wouldn't!! :cool: She's a stoic little thing). But last week she was having some hesitation getting up on the couch. I tried using stairs and she had no interest in them....went around them and hopped up on the couch :eek:

In the scheme of things.....we could have gotten much worse news. So we'll take our lumps and deal with them. I've ordered some glucosamine/chondroitin and we'll start that as soon as it arrives.

That's really too bad, especially considering all you two went through with the surgeries. How frustrating. :(

Poor little Shelby. I hope glucosamine/chondroitin works for her. I can only imagine how distressing this is for you Cathy. Shelby seems like such a little trooper. Good Luck.

I'm sorry to hear that! I've got a dog here that I had a grade 4 luxation repaired on, so far it's held, but my greatest fear is that it'll go out again!!! Sadly, that's the risk of having them repaired, you never know if it'll hold or not!!!!

oh no I'm so sorry Cathy, that's really tough. Give darling Shelby a special cuddle from me.

We went through one of these ops too and Cathy was really kind and supported me through it, made it all so much easier.

I'm really upset for you that it hasn't worked for Shelby :( Might be worth trying Sasha's Blend, I get it from here http://www.balgownievet.com.au/store/category148_1.htm

So sorry her knee is causing problems again. Hopefully the glucosamine will help. I read that fish oil is also good for the joints. And glad to see that Nicki posted about Sasha's blend. :flwr:

Back