• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Road trip

Cathy Moon

Well, today I'm taking Geordie and India on a road trip to Ohio State University for the PSOM study. Geordie is having his post surgery follow up, and India is entering the study.

I love having them in the hotel with me - I bring sheets from home to protect the furniture from the dog hair, and we lounge around watching tv. They love sleeping on the big bed, which they don't get to do at home. Every time I go to walk them out front, people in the lobby smile and say how cute and well-behaved they are! :)

Oh good luck - will be thinking of you.

Lucky doggies going on a road trip - it sounds like quite a treat for them at the hotel

Thanks for the well wishes. We're back already because India cannot enter the PSOM study until her left ear is completely clean of wax and hair. I was given some prescription ear cleaner and ear drops to use on her for the next two weeks, then our vet will have to scope her ears and email Dr. Cole at OSU to let her know if India's ear is ready for the study.

When Geordie entered the study on Feb. 8, India's ears were checked and found to have a little yeast and wax. All month long I have been giving her ear drops twice a day and also cleaning her ears every other day with Epi-Otic. Her right ear came completely clean, but her left ear is being a bit stubborn. The new ear cleaner is oily; it's Cerumene. I hope this does the trick, otherwise the little clump of wax/hair will need to be removed under general anesthetic.

The good news is that India had her heart checked and has no murmur, and Geordie's eardrums have healed up since his surgery. :)

Cathy:

Am glad to hear Geordie's eardrums are healed and India is heart clear! Good luck clearing up her ears. Bummer that you missed the special time at the hotel. I love to travel with Bud Bud and Hadley as well.

Hugs to all,

Well that was a fast trip!!! ;) But glad you came home with some good news. I stayed with the pups in a hotel when we went to Long Beach show...it was so much hanging out in the big bed with them and having them sleep with me.

Back