• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

hi

rocky

my name is julie, and i just got my pup yesterday he is 4 months old and is lovely i have an appointment at the vet on monday to get his first check up but could anyone out there please tell me if its alright for their whites of their eyes to look a little red, and also and he makes quite a loud snoring noise when he is sleeping. As you have probably quessed this is my first king charles dog infact my first dog ever so i'll be asking loads of questions in the future. cavtiny

Hi Julie.
Welcome to the wonderful world of Cavaliers!
Our Charlie is four and he often snores like an old man
(much louder then me) :).
It hasn't caused any problems yet (except for a bit of lost sleep on our part).
I'm not sure about the red eye but I'm sure your Vet will address this on your visit.

John

The whites of cavalier eyes are suppose to look 'muddy'. They shouldn't look swollen or irritated. It should look like the color is blending from the iris to the white. This is very hard to explain without a pic-lol

If they are red, it could indicate an eye infection or that they are a bit irritated but your vet will be able to tell you if it is anything needing treatment. (y)

Back