• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

what to feed a a pup 4 months

rocky

brought him home and was reccomended natures best science plan which is dry food for puppies it was quite expensive not that that matters but he doesn't seem to be eating very much of it i gave him a tin of sardines yesterday for his lunch and he loved it thinking about giving him some salmon today is that okay to give him i also tried to give him boiled egg and cheese this morning which he seemed to quite like but alittle while afterwards he brought it all back up again. he has also been shaking his head this morning and scratching his ear a lot he might have an infection or a bite perhaps i just can't wait until i see the vet. but he seems a happy little chappie apart from all that.i kind of jumped into buying him without reading how important it is to find a good breeder i'm afraid i don't think i was lucky that way. i will explain in more detail later on i just want to get him checked out first and also i don't know if he has been vaccinated yet they said he has but i don't have anything in writing will the vet know if he has or not?

You need to get an appropriate food -- sardines or tinned salmon are not complete foods and a growing puppy needs complete nutrition. Cheese is probably way too rich.

I don't know where you are based but there are many good quality foods (not supermarket brands, these are cheap and low quality). In Ireland, I recommend James Wellbeloved, Royal Canin or Burns.

You need to get him to a vet right asap -- probably has ear mites and vomiting isn't a good sign if it continues. You MUST find out if he has been vaccinated -- it is not good to repeat this series of injections unnecessarily but this must immediately be done if he hasn;t been vaccinated. Do NOT take him outside in public until he has had his full vaccinations and waiting 10 days after the last series. Do not expose him to other dogs either. A vet can explain in more detail but it is crucial not to expose him when you don;t know whether he is protected against distemper and parvo, which will kill a puppy easily.

thanx for advice i do think he has had his first vaccination but not sure about the other one have written those brands down i am going up to pets at home today will get something

You need to definitely get the vax info from the breeder -- if he's only had his first vax you need to get the second one 2 weeks later and it is best to know what they vaccinated with (eg the brand of vaccine). If for any reason you think they may not be telling the truth about whether he has had the first vaccination then it is better to get him to the vet right away to start the series. Your vet can advise.

I'm just going to move this into the diet section. (y)

Back