• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Introducing new puppy questions

emibean

We have an 11 month old ruby and two weeks ago we brought home an 8 wk. old blk/tan....both male.......things seemed to be going okay,just the normal puppy play and the older one showing who was pack leader....until yesterday: while the young one was eating lunch,he gets three small meals a day,the older one peed right in front of little one's food dish.....??????The older one has been snapping more at the little one and being very possesive of ALL things....I did read the other posts about keeping them seperate etc....
any thoughts?
thank you

You might want to set up an x-pen for your puppy. That will allow your 11 month old ruby to get used to the puppy slowly, and the puppy will be able to play with his toys, eat, etc. without being bothered. You can put the puppy's crate/bed inside the x-pen.

emibean, let me know how things go with your new puppy. I might be in a very similar situation - we have a 10 month old male ruby, and are considering getting an 11 week old B&T male or female puppy - so if you find something that makes the situation easier let me know! Good luck with the new puppy, I'm sure your ruby will learn to love the little one :luv:

Cavalier cuddels around neck

Why does my 6 month old cavalier cuddle around my neck? Is it the heartbeat? ????????

new puppy

well,things have calmed down a bit here......yesterday,the puppy was laying on the older dogs back while they were both chewing toys!
they seem to play more with each other now......i really wanted an older rescue cavalier but that didn't work out.......so we keep plugging away.....

Back