PDA

View Full Version : Found: neutered male blenheim

Karlin
13th February 2008, 02:29 PM
Found in Arklow, may have been left behind when people moved on from the area or may have been straying for some time.

I am waiting more information. If he isn't reclaimed he will come into rescue. I have no info on age.

If you are aware of anyone losing a neutered male anywhere in Ireland, let me know. He may well have been taken then dumped when it was discovered he was no good for breeding or for selling to puppy farmers for breeding.

If he comes into rescue I will have had exactly four days of freedom with no dogs in rescue as the last of my rescues went to their new home on Saturday... :rolleyes:

Karlin
14th February 2008, 11:35 PM
No word on this one yet. :neutral:

Karlin
15th February 2008, 02:46 PM
He was microchipped and the owners were found -- in Dublin!! He had been missing two days. Given that he was found wandering along a road so far away, it does definitely look like he was stolen and then dumped when thieves realised he was neutered and couldn't be bred. Thank goodness he was both neutered and chipped because the first meant he didn't end up in a small cage in a puppy farm as a stud dog and the second meant the owners were quickly found, once he was collected as a stray. :rah:

Barbara Nixon
15th February 2008, 04:36 PM
There was a warning on Dogpages, from Lisa, who runs Greyhound Gap, that one of her fosterers, out with a saluki cross, very near to us, was stopped by a couple of shifty looking people, who wanted to buy the dog, even asking if he had belonged to travellers. They lost interest when they were told that the dog was neutered and chipped, but the poor thing felt that they may have attempted a grab, if she had been further away from her village.

Cleo's Person
15th February 2008, 05:26 PM
Wow! That goodness they were able to find his owners! I'm sooooo glad that Cleo is microchipped and spayed.

casshon
15th February 2008, 05:49 PM
Great news :) :rah:

I think it's so important not only to have your dog chipped and spayed but also to tell prospective thieves by having this info on the dogs id tag.