PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Grooming Tool?

BostonGirl
14th February 2008, 05:14 PM
Can anyone recommend a good grooming tool? Bella's coat is starting to come in and the matts behind her ears are terrible! I need to start brushing her daily and I'm just looking for some recommendations on the best tools to get. Thanks!

CavyMom
14th February 2008, 05:34 PM
I use a wire slicker brush and a metal comb on Amber's ears every 1-2 days to keep them from matting, paying special attention attention to the area behind her ears, that's always what mats the worst!

Denise G.
14th February 2008, 08:50 PM
I use a wire slicker and a Furminator (a/k/a the best thing since sliced bread), though the Furminator doesn't really work on matts. It just removes dead loose fur.

Claire L
14th February 2008, 09:27 PM
I use a wire slicker brush ( Thanks for the tip Alison :)) and it gets rid of all the matts. Minnie gets a lot of matting on her front, it's from wearing her Puppia and the slicker brush gets them out no problem. I also have a Mason Pearson brush and it leaves their coats lovely and silky.

Karen S.
15th February 2008, 02:09 AM
I also use a slicker and furminator. They work great for us.

Nancy
15th February 2008, 03:32 AM
There is a great Mars brush just for ears, it's a slicker type but with plastic coating on the ends. Here is the link
http://hppets.com/shopsite_sc/product11.html

Cathy Moon
16th February 2008, 12:06 AM
I use a slicker and furminator, too, but I sure would like to try the brush that Nancy is suggesting. :)

Nancy
16th February 2008, 12:12 AM
The owner used to give free shipping for Cavalier people, if you decide to get it, you should write them and ask..it's a great brush, I use it on more than ears too.