• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Recommended Grooming Tool?

BostonGirl

Can anyone recommend a good grooming tool? Bella's coat is starting to come in and the matts behind her ears are terrible! I need to start brushing her daily and I'm just looking for some recommendations on the best tools to get. Thanks!

I use a wire slicker brush and a metal comb on Amber's ears every 1-2 days to keep them from matting, paying special attention attention to the area behind her ears, that's always what mats the worst!

I use a wire slicker and a Furminator (a/k/a the best thing since sliced bread), though the Furminator doesn't really work on matts. It just removes dead loose fur.

I use a wire slicker brush ( Thanks for the tip Alison :)) and it gets rid of all the matts. Minnie gets a lot of matting on her front, it's from wearing her Puppia and the slicker brush gets them out no problem. I also have a Mason Pearson brush and it leaves their coats lovely and silky.

I use a slicker and furminator, too, but I sure would like to try the brush that Nancy is suggesting. :)

The owner used to give free shipping for Cavalier people, if you decide to get it, you should write them and ask..it's a great brush, I use it on more than ears too.

Back