PDA

View Full Version : My First Cav!

Batel
17th February 2008, 12:08 AM
Well it took months and months but I finally found my breeder and the puppies will be born early March. I'm very excited and I just wanted to share it with you guys!! :p

Any advice for a newby to cavs? I've been doing lots of reading but there's nothing like advice straight from the source!

Rosewoodsteel
17th February 2008, 04:47 AM
My advise is just to sit back and enjoy.
They are the sweetest dogs on the face of the earth. :)

Alison_Leighfield
17th February 2008, 09:55 AM
Congratulations! A summer arrival then! nice warm days and light evenings, just a fab puppy time ahead! Enjoy.

I hope your breeder has all eye and heart certs up to date for dog and bitch, possibly MRI scanned for SM as well?....some family history is also good.

If you have found a breeder that has done all this then you have done well, the research into health beforehand is a must for this breed.

Don't forget pictures when he/she arrives! we love puppies (and oldies!)

Alison.

Rj Mac
17th February 2008, 12:26 PM
My advise is just to sit back and enjoy.
They are the sweetest dogs on the face of the earth

Couldn't have put it better myself, congratulations :D

Batel
17th February 2008, 09:58 PM
Yes, my breeder has all the heart and eye certs and has done the MRI scan for SM! Took a long time to find a breeder that had the health certs plus clicked with me well =) I wanted to find a breeder that I could trust and stay with when I get another cav. ( I can tell I wont be able to just get one)

I'm so excited I just can't wait!! And don't worry I wont skimp on pictures! =)

Alison_Leighfield
18th February 2008, 08:02 AM
Thats FANTASTIC news!

Oh yes go and get very excited!!!

I'm sitting here waiting as well as a friend of mine is expecting a litter very soon, with all heart/eye certs and fab clear MRI (dad also)
I have never seen tiny, tiny, baby pups so I am as excited as you I guess LOL. Lovely that you have found a breeder doing all this. Well done for asking all the right questions on your search!

Alison.

ppotterfield
18th February 2008, 04:24 PM
If you have a good breeder, and it sounds like you do, he or she will be able to guide you on what you need by way of beds, crates, food, etc. I think one of the nicest things about getting a puppy from a good breeder is that you become part of their family. They want to know how their puppy is doing, to answer your questions and become your mentor. Congratulations!