• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Dog Trolleys

Rosewoodsteel

Does anyone else use a dog trolley for their Cavs?
(A dog trolley is basically a wire cable strung between two trees that has a lead attached to it via a pulley.)
We use one for Charlie, when he wants to go out for brief periods of time (mainly to sniff around or to attend to business).
It doesn't take the place of his walks, but since we don't have a fenced in yard, he can go out for a few minutes without wondering off.
Anyway, I want to get a harness to use with the trolley and was wondering what type of harness other's might be using.
Thanks!

Yes, that's basically what they look like.
One end of ours it tied to a 4x4 at the corner of our deck, the other end is on a tree. We live in a rural area on over an acre of land. The trolley is in our grassed in, back yard. Charlie uses it for a few minutes in the morning and once again in the afternoon. It has a 20' lead on the cable, so it gives Charlie a lot of room to sniff around. I never though of it as gruseome. A picture is worth 1000 words though, so heres a pic of our back yard. The trolley cable can be seen if you look carefully. I don't think a front harness would work with this, so I'm thinking about getting one where the leash attaches to the back. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.
Cnv0481.jpg

Last edited:
Wow....you have a beautiful yard, I'm not sure what kind of harness tho, for walking we've got the puppias for our 2 girls, I don't see why they wouldn't do, they're comfy for the dog, and secure,

The trolley seems a really sensible idea if you've no fence :D

Thank you, RJ Mac.

I googled on puppias and they look great.
Any information on how they are sized would be appreciated.
Also, I'm trying to pic up some Dick Van Patten (Natural Balance Ultra Premium) dry food and would like to buy the food and puppia at the same place if I can. Any suggestions on a good retailer in the US would be very helpful. (It seems Petsmart and Petco etc, have one but not the other.)

Thanks

maybe a Gentle Leader Easy Walk Harness? They attach the lead on the front.

Thanks Lani.

The Sens ible and Easy Walk sound great for walking Charlie, but I don't know if a front attachment would be good for use with the trolley.
What do you think?

I don't think I'd use a walking harness for the trolley.

I'd use a step in harness (Petedge.com sells these, and I rehome my rescues with one) or any back fastening harness. I like the Puppias that are like little jackets as I think they are nice and secure.

Back