PDA

View Full Version : Puppia Prize? Size?

cricket865
18th February 2008, 09:06 PM
I want to buy one for my new puppy, she is 14 weeks old. What size should I get and what's the best place to buy them?

thanks!
Cristina

shippers
18th February 2008, 10:09 PM
I would probably buy an extra small or small depending on her size. It might not fit for long though because puppies grow up so quick. You need to make sure it fits snug though so there's no risk of her wriggling out of it. I'd try ebay or try googling 'Puppia' for any offers. Let us know how you get on and don't forget :snap::snap: when the puppia arrives:)

Rosewoodsteel
18th February 2008, 11:32 PM
Cristina,

I just ordered one from ebay.
Here is the size chart that was listed with the auction:

The Puppia Soft Dog Harness is a real winner for comfort and is a best seller for your dogs.

XSmall
Neck 7-9"
Chest 11-13"
Weight 3-4 Lb.
Young Puppy, Chihuahua, Miniature Pinscher...

Small
Neck 9"-11"
Chest 14"-16"
Weight 5-7 Lb
Chihuahua,Yorkie, Maltese, Toy Poodle, Papilon, Pomeranian

Medium
Neck 11"-13"
Chest 16"-19"
Weight 7-10 lbs
Maltese, Shi Tzu, Toy Poodle, Beagle, French Bulldog........

Large
Neck 13"-15"
Chest 19"-23"
Weight 12-18 lbs
Shi Tzu, Pekingese, Min Schnauzer, Cocker Spaniel

XLarge
Neck 15"-17"
Chest 20"-29"
Weight 20-30
Bichon Frise......

Please measure you dog for the best fit. The breeds listed for each size are just an idea. For proper fit, measure girth around the broadest part of the chest.

Customers always ask us to measure the harness before we ship it out
These are our measurements of the actual harness. The chest can be adjusted
Due to the soft mesh material harnesses do stretch after a wile

Note: The neck and chest measurements are the important measurements. The weight is not.

cricket865
19th February 2008, 12:33 PM
Thanks this is very helpful! :)

arasara
23rd February 2008, 12:26 AM
Hey Cristina :)

When Faith was about 6lbs the small would fit her but still was a bit big.. she graduated to the medium when she was about 6/7 months old and I think Kosmo was a little later on transitioning to the medium but good luck!!

I like woof and wag from ebay :)

bellacherie
23rd February 2008, 02:21 AM
Bella is 15 weeks old and approx 4 kgs and she fits she small perfectly, though I do have some trouble pulling it over her head when taking it off.

hbmama
23rd February 2008, 07:58 PM
Dottie just got her first pink lattice Puppia (with matching leash of course) and she is 7 months old at about 14.5 lbs with a normal sized head. It fits beautifully with some room to spare but not so much that she can easily wiggle out.

She is not a puller so not really much of an issue regarding that. The only thing is, my macho man husband refuses to walk her in public in "that girly outfit!" I guess I will have to order the camouflage getup so he will not lose face with the guys around the neighborhood :D

Rosewoodsteel
24th February 2008, 06:03 PM
That's funny. :)

My wife said, when it arrived, that the puppia looked like a "sports bra".
It's not so bad when it's on Charlie, though.
I wanted a red one, but perhaps it's a good thing that black was the only color in stock.