• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Fern sneezing and runny nose

crimperess

Fern had a reverse sneezing episode last tuesday which went on for some time. I wasn't witness to this but hubby and daughter were.
Since then Fern has been sneezing, licking her nose which has been runny, and sometimes having trouble catching her breath. A couple of times when she has sneezed, she ended up with a 'candle' of mucus from her nose. The vet has given her 50mg Baytril Flavour Tablets which she will have one a day.. The first one she had today. About three hours later she bought up a small frothy patch. Would this be caused by the mucus and the body trying to rid itself of it.
She is a bit subdued but is eating and drinking. How long will it be before the tablets make a difference?
I hate not being able to help her more.
Thanks.

Could something have got up her nose? It sounds like she might be trying to dislodge something. I have heard of things getting caught up in the back where they have the flap that can cause the reverse sneezing.

What did the vet think it was? Maybe kennel cough?

Fern sneezing

The vet didn't give a specific reason for this. He has seen her twice in the past four weeks, for a limp that she had. The sneezing was apparent on Friday when we last saw the Vet. I then rang him monday evening and gave the symptoms again and he said he would leave the tablets out for me to collect this morning. He did stress he would normally not perscribe like that, but as we had been in on friday he would do it.

My Mickey has been sneezing and having running nose and discharge in his eyes in the past 24 hours and he is not moving much. He still eats. Not sure if he picked it up from the puppy day camp.

Just took him to the vet to be looked at. The vet said he is not running a fever and his heart is clear. She said he might have caught a cold. Anyway, Mickey will be on antibiotics for two weeks.

My poor boy (he is 4 1/2 months old)!

Last edited:
Back