PDA

View Full Version : SORTED: Foster: three year old male, Dublin (at pts risk!)

Karlin
23rd February 2008, 11:42 AM
This is very urgent, he is at risk of being pts. Needs a foster place without young children (under 12). Even just a few days til I can transfer him to longer term foster would help.

Cathryn
23rd February 2008, 01:35 PM
Good Luck with this one Karlin.

pippa
23rd February 2008, 01:47 PM
I would consider taking him but I have to work four days a week so mine are alone for nearly six hours....My youngest is 17 so thats the over 12 thing solved...how is he with other dogs? Hope he will be ok!

Karlin
23rd February 2008, 02:20 PM
I'll PM my number to you and give me ring and I'll tell you what I know about him.

sallymum
23rd February 2008, 07:16 PM
If u need a hand i will help. Know youngest is only 8 but he knows how to respect dogs.

Karlin
23rd February 2008, 07:54 PM
Thanks all; he is sorted now; or will be tomorrow. :)

pippa
15th March 2008, 10:34 PM
Hi everyone,
I took this little Ruby guy in for foster..he is almost 4 yrs old and his name is DJ. He is so cute :l*v:and gets on so well with my two and us and is so settled,that we have decided to let him live with us permanently! So now I have three lovely boys.
Will post pics when I get organised transferring them from my camera.:)

*Pauline*
15th March 2008, 10:40 PM
Oh that's wonderful news. I look forward to seeing pictures. :snap:

TillyTommy
15th March 2008, 10:42 PM
Thats great news! Why was he at risk of pts? He is so young bless him

pippa
15th March 2008, 10:56 PM
Thats great news! Why was he at risk of pts? He is so young bless him

The details were kind of confusing.....I'm still not sure of the full story:confused: so wouldn't like to give details in case they are wrong!

Maybe Karlin can give more details later?

TillyTommy
15th March 2008, 11:02 PM
Whatever the circumstances youve now got a lovely boy:) Did he settle straight away? When I got Pebbles at 3.5 years of age it was like she had always been here the moment she arrived

Cathy Moon
16th March 2008, 02:02 AM
Wonderful news about little DJ! :luv:

Cathy T
16th March 2008, 02:17 AM
What wonderful news!!

Karlin
16th March 2008, 02:24 AM
Another rescue initially dealt with this case and was concerned that the owners might not feel there were options. After I spoke to them this wasn't a concern to me, and I feel was a misjudgement, however there was a lot of pressure to remove the dog immediately and only days before I was leaving for two weeks! :sl*p: Thankfully he found a safe haven with a foster place that suited everyone, as you can see!

The details on this dog remain somewhat confusing. :-|

pippa
16th March 2008, 02:57 AM
Whatever the circumstances youve now got a lovely boy:) Did he settle straight away? When I got Pebbles at 3.5 years of age it was like she had always been here the moment she arrived

Yes he settled in very well..he was lying on the sofa asleep with my daughter after a couple of hours here and that night settled down to sleep in the kitchen as if he'd always lived here..and not a peep from him all night!

Another rescue initially dealt with this case and was concerned that the owners might not feel there were options. After I spoke to them this wasn't a concern to me, and I feel was a misjudgement, however there was a lot of pressure to remove the dog immediately and only days before I was leaving for two weeks! :sl*p: Thankfully he found a safe haven with a foster place that suited everyone, as you can see!

The details on this dog remain somewhat confusing. :-|

The way everything happened so fast I sometimes think it was fate and was meant to be.He is so settled,for instance on my day off when I have a lie in,Gus and Pippin lie on the bed like always,moving around every so often,while DJ shares the pillow with me and if I move he moves! Also Gus and Pippin just act like it's normal for him to be there on the bed.

TillyTommy
16th March 2008, 09:03 AM
Oh thats fantastic Pippa! It was the same with Pebbles. Owner desperate to rehome here and I just had a gut feeling she would be right for our family and she was PERFECT. I could not imagine parting with her as her owner did (thats in no way a judgement statement) I just think how painful it must have been for her. But her decision blessed our family with the most wonderful special little girl. As DJ will now be a special addition to your family.
Fate is a strange thing
Will you post pic of him??

Cathryn
16th March 2008, 09:51 AM
Aw that's fantastic news Pippa, I'm so glad that you have joined the "Failed Fosterer" Club! Sounds like DJ has landed well and truly on all 4 paws with you and your family, I too am a big believer in fate and things happening for a reason, sounds like he was meant for you!! Great big Kiss and a Gentle hug for your newest boy, looking forwards to seeing :snap: very soon!! :hug: :luv:

pippa
16th March 2008, 06:43 PM
Posted a picture of him in the gallery.

Claire L
17th March 2008, 08:56 PM
:rah:Congratulations on the new addition!! DJ is a great name :cool:

He has certainly landed on his feet going to your house.

pippa
17th March 2008, 09:58 PM
Thankyou everyone for the beautiful comments! It's nice to tell people who are interested..anyone else( non doggy owners) thinks I'm mad for having another one along with my two..either that or I see the bored look sweep across their face as they pretend to be interested!

Louisma
18th March 2008, 09:38 AM
What a lovely ending to this story - congratulations