• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Nora Update

Lynn

Our sweet Nora has been with us now just about 10 days and I wanted to share with you all what a pleasure she is! (Nora is a 6 yr old Lucky Star/puppy mill rescue dog that we adopted) She is spunky (!!) loving, smart, playful and strong physically! (she holds her own when running with Molly & Max) She is my shadow and loves her brother & sister...and they love her too. (although it took Molly 5 days to warm up / trust Nora) 80% of the time Nora seems like a completely "normal" well adjusted dog...and the other times fear overcomes her. (most of this is when she needs to trust daddy) We know it will take time and patience to get through most of the fear issues.

One of the things that we love so much about our Nora is that she gets into these playful moods and she acts like a puppy! I NEVER would have guessed that a 6 yr old dog (mill dog or not) would act so playful. I am surprised by the amount of energy she has. (I even asked our vet to estimate her age because I was SURE she couldn't actually be 6 yrs old! But our vet said her age seemed correct.)

The first few hours Nora was here I was scared that I had made a big mistake by adopting a rescue dog but that fear quickly faded and now I cannot imagine life without her. We didn't know we were missing a part of our family until Nora filled it. :)

Wow! What a wonderful success story! So glad Nora has assemilated into your loving family so well. Those of you who foster and adopt rescue dogs are truly angels! Someday after my girl is a bit older, and I really know the breed inside and out, I would love to adopt a rescue for our second dog.

That is fantastic! that's the way to go Nora :) excellent news Lynn.

my little Lucy, rescued in very similar circumstances as your little Nora, and at 9.5 yrs with a grade 5/6 murmer plays and plays and plays...she runs and springs about the house and garden etc, we never thought it ever possible that she would turn out as she has done either, it's just amazing! she is on the go all day and into everthing, adores her walk and goes into a right funny five minutes when the leads come out, skipping everywhere etc, she is so funny! she loves to ride in the car and she even runs with a ball sometimes, to be honest I have a hard time trying to keep her calm because of her heart condition, she is a little delight.

It is amazing how these little ones manage to trust again and enjoy life, bless all their little hearts as they show such courage.

Enjoy her, she sounds like a precious little one x.

Alison.

That is so heart warming to hear. It will take time for Nora to realize she is in a exceptional loving environment. So daddy will have to work on that with Nora 1 on 1. I hope someday soon I can aspire to be a rescue mom too. Thanks for keeping us posted on Nora's progress. You are definitely a loving mom.

It's lovely to have an update on Nora and hear how well she's settled into your family, sounds like she's landed on her paws this time and is so happy, great news :rah:

It's wonderful to hear how well she's doing, and that she's playful! :rah:

I have a six year old cav, and she's very fun-loving, too.:)

Delighted to hear that Nora is settling in well to her forever home with you. Our Minnie still has issues with my hubby........she will happily partake of his breakfast but every now and then she jumps when he reaches out to touch her :( we call it her ducking 'n diving moment :badgrin: it used to upset hubby quite a bit but recently she has started to give him a lick when he pets her so he is thrilled to bits.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Back