• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Drying a wet dog???

jeni

Can anyone offer me some advice on an easy way to dry a wet Cavalier with lots of feathering???
I have tried just simply blow drying but it seems to take so long and when you have 4 dogs, it takes forever.
Thanks in advance…

After baths and (rain soaked walks), I dry Charlie with a towel.
(Jody bought a special one for dogs.)
I get him as dry as I can and then he takes off, sliding his head/body/ears across the carpet, drying himself along the way.
When he stops, I wipe him down with the towel again, which starts the whole process over.....

Holly adores the hairdryer and will stand it for hours if i let her!

I bought a professional 1800w and it dries her really quick

Hi!!

Try one of those chamois leathers that absorbs loads of moisture, just wrap round the legs and squeeze, you'll be amazed how much water comes off!
HTH??

I have had good luck with the micro-fiber towels (can be bought in bulk at Sam's Club or Costco for those of you in the states). They don't leave any lint behind and absorb the water well before the blow dry. I also keep one at the back door for little wet slippers when Dottie goes out to do her business in the damp backyard grass at night!

Back