• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Flea allergy dermatitis

Cathy T

Crud. Jake has been scratching and biting a lot at his tail. I think I knew what it was but was kind of in doubt. Today's vet visit confirmed it. He has flea allergy dermatitis. He has always been super sensitive to fleas and I've recently found a flea on each of them. Yes, they are on Frontline Plus monthly although I did not administer it in November. Those dang fleas are tenacious!! They've shaved his sweet little bootie to expose the hot spot, gave him a capstar and put him on Temaril-P. Hoping he starts feeling better tomorrow.

That's a REAL bummer Cathy! I hate fleas, and they can make dogs so miserable!:( Dottie has been fussing with her hind end and tail off and on the past few days, leading me to believe that she has a stowaway flea in there somewhere. I picked all through her fur and combed her out and didn't see anything though.

I applied advantage 3 weeks ago, but she did have a bath about 2 weeks after that. I wonder if the stuff was washed away with the shampoo and conditioner? I think I will bathe her in a week, blowdry and apply the next months Advantage, then no bath until the next application.

Good luck staying on top of those little buggers! What a major pain! I shuddered when I read the "stick tight" flea thread. Never heard of those before, like, straight out of a monster movie!!! :yikes

Back