• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Moving House

shippers

We'll be moving house shortly and I'm just wondering if anyone has any tips on what we can do to settle Sally into her new home? On the day we actually move she'll be staying with relatives but how do we introduce her to her new house without causing any upset? We're only moving a few miles away from where we live now so we will still see same family and friends.

We are also moving house next week and we didn't actually think of there being any problems with Harvey & Bella, I think that so longs as they have their same bed and toys then they will adapt quite quickly as it's the people they are attached to more than the house. I would think they would find it more fun and interesting sniffing all of the new corners and walls :)

LOL....moving must be in the air!

We have sold our house as well and have found a lovely rural bungalow (needs tons of work!) with lots of sunny garden to enjoy.....the new development where we live now doesn't really suit us at all and we can't wait to move at the end of the month :)

Enjoy your new homes!

Alison.

When we moved, we put our cavs in the kennel for 2 days while we did all the cleaning and all the furniture was being moved. Then we brought them home to the new house and spent 2 days at home with them. They seemed very happy with the new house, etc. and our fence wasn't installed yet, so we took them for lots of walks. They were happy and never seemed upset at all. :)

We moved this summer, and although Mika was supposed to be at the vet's getting spayed that day, she went into heat and couldn't. So, she was with us through the move. She was a trouper and had no problem with the move or adjusting to the new house. As many said on here when I asked about it - home to her is just where ever I am.

When we moved Prince settled in pretty well, the only thing that confused him was when I told him to go to bed, he would go over beside the table where his bed was at my folks house, his bed is now in the utility room, the poor little baby, he is well used to it now :luv:

Back