• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Question about female season & neutered males

hbmama

Dottie is 7 1/2 months now, and I assume will be going into her heat soon. :eek: Here's my situation. We are due to babysit for my sisters Australian Terrier (who I think is a sweet Cavalier lap dog in Terrier's clothing). He and Dottie are best of friends, about the same size and they LOVE each other.

He is neutered so no chance of Aussie-Cavi-terri-liers, but, do you think he will still be "interested" in her that way? I have never seen him hump anything, and he is a very laid back, sweet dog. But, I have also heard that females get a little "testy" when it's their time and I would hate to have a set to.

Do any of you have experiences with problems of females in heat being around neutered dogs? Should I corral them in different areas of the house? :confused:

Oh, and for those of you who are wondering why she is going to go through one season before spay is because it was requested by our breeder, for her development and proper maturity.

Neutered male dogs will not only be interested in her, but they can also tie with her. You'll need to keep them separated.(y)

Oh dear!!!! :yikes Okay, we may have to go to plan B then. Which is, that my folks go babysit their other granddog up at my sisters house. Thanks Cathy! Wow, learning new things on this site everyday...and I am all about avoiding problem situations before they happen! :thnx: Cathy!

We were asking our vet lots of questions when Geordie was neutered, and it was a bit surprising to hear!

Back