PDA

View Full Version : boy or girl puppy?

mardan
1st March 2008, 09:11 PM
which does everyone prefer? I am getting a male and i was just wondering what everyones thoughts were on them.

Cathy Moon
1st March 2008, 09:17 PM
I love both equally! :luv::luv:

Rosewoodsteel
1st March 2008, 09:28 PM
I've never had a female, but Charlie was a wonderful puppy.
(My guess is that boys and girls are equally nice.)

hbmama
1st March 2008, 09:42 PM
I had heard that more boys were more clingy and loving, and that the girls were also loving but a bit more independent. I think Cavaliers they all have their own personalities.

My Dottie is about the sweetest, most gentle, loving dog you would ever want to meet. If there is a lap available, she is in it! She follows me everywhere, then gives snuggles and kisses when I bend down to stroke her.

I think that these dogs are fabulous no matter what you decide. Our next Cav will probably be a boy so they compliment each other.

mardan
1st March 2008, 09:45 PM
thanks for the input. i am so excited, he's coming in one more week and i have never had a cavalier but have read so much good stuff about them, and hope that he loves to cuddle as much as they say!

Brian M
1st March 2008, 09:45 PM
Hi
Three girls only

Rosewoodsteel
1st March 2008, 09:46 PM
... and hope that he loves to cuddle as much as they say!

I don't believe you'll be disappointed in that department. :)

chloe92us
5th March 2008, 02:18 PM
My older Cav is a female and I wish I could clone her. Polite, quiet, snuggly when you want her to be, but also independent. However, my puppy is a male and although he is more "active" he is definitely more clingy & snuggly which I love. So, whichever you choose...you will be thrilled. They're the best dogs in the world.

Cathy T
5th March 2008, 03:46 PM
Doesn't matter....a Cavalier is a Cavalier ;)My two have very different personalities. Shelby is much more laid back than Jake whereas Jake has to be in sight of me at all times. But I think that has more to do with Jake being the first dog rather than being a boy.

mardan
5th March 2008, 06:32 PM
you guys are making me so excited about getting this dog, i love hearing that they are cuddly and snuggly, it is what i have always wanted in a dog, and can't wait till i get to hold him and have him want to sit in my lap and sleep on my bed!!

Chardonnay
5th March 2008, 07:05 PM
I've always had male dogs and the only reason why I chose a female for my first Cavalier was because of leg cocking and marking (my male dogs have wrecked havoc on my garden over the years).

I've heard that male cavaliers are more snuggly and females are more independent, but my girl is twice as snuggly as any dog I've ever had. She is my shadow, but she will play by herself if I'm too busy to play with her...which is nice.

Since this is my first and only Cav (there are plans for an addition but not until my 14-year-old Brittany is at the bridge - I've upset his routine enough with the one), I can't comment about the breed as a rule, but it sounds like they are a delight in general.

Enjoy!

Scouty girl
5th March 2008, 07:10 PM
I remember when Scout was a puppy, she would follow me around while I was doing housework and picking up. As soon as I sat down she would jump in my lap for a nap. It seemed like she was following me around just in case I would sit down. She would sleep there for a while. I'm sure you will love your boy as much has all the girl doggie owners love their girls. Enjoy.

laram
7th March 2008, 10:20 PM
I had always wanted to have a girl dog, so it took quite a lot of thought when I decided to take a boy after all. Sammy was the last one left of his litter.

And he is such a little man: all rough and tumble, very mischievous and playful. He isn't exactly 'sweet' like a girl dog, but he's definitely a mummy's boy. He usually sleeps beside me on the sofa and sits in my lap for cuddles if he's feeling sick or I've been away. I can't imagine being without my little man.

Oh and... at night, he curls himself up under my arm like a teddy bear. E.g.:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3161/2301490067_795a27e393_m.jpg

ice-cavi
7th March 2008, 10:45 PM
I have 2 girl pups and the older one is very clingy and loving.She is basically my shadow and I sometimes feel sorry for her, because her life is pretty much all about following me around and waiting for an oppotunity to cuddle and kiss:luv: If I could I would probably clone her ....She is a very special dog
The younger one,also female is more independant.Still she loves to snuggle upp too but she can survive without going to the bathroom with me..... She is more funloving and bubbly:)
As Im writing this my older one is lying beside the computer,haha cannot be without mommy for a sec :) http://s3.frontur.com/img/57124/20080307224326_8.jpg

the younger one however, is sleeping peacefully in her basket:o)

Cavvygirl
7th March 2008, 11:16 PM
That is the cutest picture!!!:luv::luv:

Our 2 boys are very snuggly, Rio is more calm and likes to be picked up and loves to cuddle with you forever but Ashton likes a quick cuddle then likes to have his own space.

As long as you have a healthy baby from a reputable breeder then the sex shouldn't matter:)

Wrigs Mom
8th March 2008, 03:54 PM
i've always read that it doesn't matter the sex when it comes to a Cavalier. I thought I'd only want a girl dog...they were probably more cuddly, and cute, and just lovable. We got a male and he's all those things and more! He was easy to train, loves to cuddle, is sweet to kids and adults, and is never aggressive. The personality of the cavalier has a lot to do with how it is bred. I've NEVER wished, since meeting Wrigley, for a girl dog. He's just perfect!