PDA

View Full Version : Phloem and heaving (ew! i know)

Sibealb
6th March 2008, 08:07 PM
i'm very curios to know if anybody else has experienced their dog heaving (like a cat with furball in their throat) for a few minutes and then producing a phloem which tends to land smack dab ontop of judy's head?!:grnyuk: Should she be this phloemy? it does look uncomfortable the first time i saw this happening i thought she was choking and was reADy to attempt a doggy heimlich manouevre! Any suggestions/ experience of this heaving etc. ?:thnku:

Lani
6th March 2008, 08:25 PM
How old is she and how often does she do this?

Lisa_T
7th March 2008, 12:39 AM
I've found that either too much water too quickly on an empty stomach, or grass can have this result.

Karlin
7th March 2008, 02:40 AM
My Lily is a cougher but never brings anything up -- but she sounds like an old man hawking one up :eek:. The coughing could relate to MVD but I'd doubt it at a low murmur grade.

Sibealb
8th March 2008, 04:29 PM
Thats exactly how she sounds just like an old man! Glad its not just Judy. We've been following her around like achild tryin g to wipe her face it doesn't happen that often thankfully !
Thanks for suggestions:)

frecklesmom
8th March 2008, 05:25 PM
Annie does this but doesn't bring it up. She clears the back of her throat and it does sound like she has a lot of drainage. Put her on Temaril P and when she has it all the symptoms go away-we're managing on 1/2 tab every other day and I don't like it b'cuz of the steroid but she's a lot more comfortable.

coconut
10th March 2008, 08:46 AM
Freddie does this aswell he sounds like an old man coughing up one!!

sallymum
10th March 2008, 09:11 AM
My old girl does this first thing in the morning, vet says its to to with her bad heart. She brings up white foamy stuff.