• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Tooth

Barbara Nixon

Teddy has just lost his first tooth (top front). He was doing the licking , lip smacking he does should he get a bit of grass, biscuit or whatever, stuck between his gum and upper lip, but when I looked I saw a loose tooth. Then , a few minutes later, the tooth was gone. He had such lovely white teeth and there is no obvious cause for this one to come loose. He hasn't been chewing anything, or playing tug.

Monty has lost teeth through age and Joly had horrid teeth at only 3, so the vet had to remove some (They are fine since we used fishskins). I was quite pleased that one had a mouth ful; of sparkling whites.:(

Cavaliers seem to have small, short rooted front teeth. They also can have a different number of bottom incisors. I have a few dogs born with 5 and a couple with 6 (little teeth between the canine teeth on the bottom).

A vet mentioned this , when Joly was young (puppy) . We don't know whether he never grew one of his centre bottom fronts, or lost it, as there was never a bloody crater and the other centre bottom came in months after his other adult teeth were in.

Back