PDA

View Full Version : Jan Fennell

Ciren
8th March 2008, 10:57 AM
i just caught her show on animal planet OMG that woman is amazing. i am now waiting for hubby to come home from his eye test so i can get him to order me her books. more reading for me to do before i actually go out and get a dog :D

Karlin
8th March 2008, 07:59 PM
I really like her general principles, but don't think eating before your dog etc makes one jot of difference. But those are minor points. :)

I interviewed her a couple years ago. I think I posted the story here actually.

Karlin
8th March 2008, 08:00 PM
Here it is: http://board.cavaliertalk.com/showthread.php?t=9162

gloucester girl
9th March 2008, 08:27 PM
I got Jan Fennel's book "The Dog Whisperer" out of the library just before we got our first dog 10 days ago! I read it in one go without putting it down. I don't know enough about dogs yet to judge whether her approach is the best but I like the non-aggressive attitude to training and her encouragement to understand dogs! If anything I found her book encouraging our way to becoming a dog owning family. We now live with Frankie who is ten and doesn't need any training from us; but we humans have benefited from J.F's training... I hope you'll get your dog soon - they bring immeasurable joy!! Have fun preparing for him/her. Frankie & family

*Pauline*
15th September 2008, 11:58 AM
Jan Fennel has a show near me next month, I might go. It's in Benfleet, Essex. I'll let you know more when I look at the poster again. It's £18 if you book or £20 on the door.