• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

hi im new

ruby2

hi im new to this site. i have a king charles female 16 week old puppy. I find this site very good for finding out things i didnt know. At the moment 'ruby' is just spoilt and we are trying to mind her and trying to train her. I have her weeing on the paper and i have trained her to sit when i put down her food and she wont eat until i say 'good girl'!!
im wondering when do i leave her more room in the house? at the moment i have her in the utility and downstairs bathroom. everytime i leave her in the kitchen she just wees and poos where she likes although i have paper out for her and i do all the things im supposed to like say no no etc etc. is she just too young yet??
thanks

Hi there

Welcome to the site,i just joined this week too.
The site is great for finding out information etc.My pup is 16wks old (Brinkley).I have allowed him into the kitchen, but only when i am there to watch him.
Most of the time he is ok and uses paper or waits to go outside(we bring him out every hour).However if he gets up the stairs anything goes!!:paw:

hi thanks for replying to my first listing. i have managed to put a picture of ruby on now. its one when she was a baby. i will do an up to date one soon.

im wondering when do i leave her more room in the house? at the moment i have her in the utility and downstairs bathroom. everytime i leave her in the kitchen she just wees and poos where she likes although i have paper out for her and i do all the things im supposed to like say no no etc etc. is she just too young yet??
thanks

We kept our boy in the utility room when we were out until he was 10 months in the end, if we gave him more space before that it upset his house-training. He was 18 months old before he got the whole run of the house. Too much space without supervision, and they just toilet were they like, it's much better to keep them with you under strict supervision or have them in a smaller space. An X-pen and cage set up is another alternative:)

icon_welcome to the board!! Ruby is a cutie alright!! I would not leave her with to much room to run around at the moment as she is still very young and can get into all kinds of trouble!

Welcome Ruby is a pretty girl.I would confine to the kitchen while you are not home as she is still quite young. Mine are older and I still confine them mostly to the kitchen when I am out.

Back