PDA

View Full Version : 2 cavs

hannahpanda
12th March 2008, 06:38 PM
Harriet & Rainbow came in to us today as their owner is allergic to them. They are 2 sweet old ladies that will now be seeking a quiet home with a comfy sofa.
Harriet is 10 years old & tri colour, she has had extensive dental work (in other words poor girlie has no teeth hence the 'floppy tongue) & Rainbow is a 7 years old blenheim who has a cataract in her one eye, but it does not seem to be effecting her vision, she also has eye drops as she gets dry eye.
There is no adoption fee for these two as they must go together, but a donation to Ambers Appeal would be greatly appreciated.
rolleyes.gif They are both vaccinated

They can be found here
http://www.dogpages.org.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=165243

*Pauline*
12th March 2008, 07:05 PM
Poor things, look like they need a bit of TLC. Hope they are homed soon.

murphy's mum
12th March 2008, 08:31 PM
Poor wee things:(

If they are 10 & 7 wouldn't there owner have realised before now they are allergic to them:confused:

Karlin
12th March 2008, 08:33 PM
Some allergies develop very gradually -- or it may be a child in the family that has developed them.

On the other hand this is always a useful made-up excuse for people to rehome their dogs. I never can tell if people are honest are not when using this excuse.

But cavaliers are always very placeable, even the older ones, in the UK. :thmbsup: So hope these two go somewhere nice. :)

frecklesmom
12th March 2008, 11:07 PM
Such lovely faces. Hope they find their forever home. About allergies, they can show up overnight to something you've been exposed to for years but never been sensitive to b/4. Unfortunately, these allergies can increase in number and severity as one grows older and I speak from experience.

TriTitch
13th March 2008, 05:25 PM
Aw they are gorgeous - especially Harriet,her sticky out tongue just adheres me to her more :p

Just to add,I have gradually over the last few years developed an allergy to dog hair,shedded skin,dust mites etc which makes me sneeze,have itchy eyes and a runny nose and sometimes it gets so extreme I have to take anti-histamines especially around my mums boxer - more so than around my CKC and my cat but.........and this is a BIG but.......but I would never,have never and will never let it prevent me from being a devoted,hands on fur-baby mum :-)
I know perhaps that having Titch draped around my neck first thing in the morning isnt helping things and that having Titch`s bed about an inch away from my bed probably isnt a great idea but oh well! I wouldnt change it.

So I guess what Im trying to say here is yes,sometimes you can develop an allergy between first getting a dog and years down the line but also,if you try hard enough,there are ways of coping and finding a way around it and coming up with a solution rather than shifting blame and `removing` the cause :rolleyes:
Modern medicine can work wonders these days,no need for any party to suffer unduly :thmbsup:
Least of all unneccecarily turf yet another dog into homeless uncertainty,I cant believe so many use that excuse :mad:

Louisma
28th March 2008, 12:31 PM
Just read a post on dog pages to say these have been homed,- great news