• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

at vet today

rocky

went to the vet with vegas today a day earlier than i was supposed to as i phoned and made sure i did not get that woman again that had me in tears the other lady i asked for was off so i got a man instead he was fine he weighed vegas he has put a little on since last time he didn't say anything about him being underweight he also checked his breathing which he said was fine thank goodness for that. poor little thing though his ears are still infected this has been going on for the 5 weeks since i've had him he had epioti drops for ear mites then when he got checked again they gave him otomax drops which also had to be put in twice a day which i have been doing for the last ten days . now they have taken swabs to get sent off to the lab as his ears are still bad. poor wee sole but the good thing is it does'nt seem to be bothering him he's such a happy chappie i would love to post some pics of him once i find out how to do it. has anyone had any similar experinces with their ears, i'm fed up with his looking so grubby and greasy with all the drops

So glad that you found another vet to consult. The other one was so cold and hurtful! Good for Vegas putting on a little weight and happy that his breathing is much better. We have never experienced the dreaded ear mites (where do the darn things come from?) thank goodness, but from what I have read, they are difficult to get rid of. Good for you making sure that your precious pup has proper medical care and I pray that he gets through this and stronger each day!

So far I haven't had any trouble with Scout's ears. However, I was reading on another Cavalier site that several people were having some type of trouble or the other, mites, infections and it does seem to take quite a while to get under control.

I know what you mean about the greasy drops, I couldn't wait to wash all that off. Dylan had mites once and sore ears another time. The vet said it could be a food allergy. At the time I had changed to Royal Canin so I went back to James Wellbeloved.I think James Wellbeloved is wheat free so maybe he wasn't good with wheat.

i hope the vet calls tomorrow with the results of the swabs taken the other day so i can get him sorted out i just feel this has went on too long. i 've only had him 5 weeks and he has had the his ears problems. all that time and god knows how long before that. Thanks for your commentscavtiny

rubys mom

my ruby had a ear infection about a 3 months ago but had some drops from the vet for two weeks and cleared up lovely ive found she was tending to get hot at night has she has a cuddle blanket which was quite thick and she like to cover her head in it for some strange reason:confused: and her ears where getting very hot causing a yeast infection in her ears ive since changed the blanket to a thin one and shes been fine thank god:rah:

Back