• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

She called my baby a mutt

pinkpuppy

I was at the pet shop looking for some spring toys and treats for Tricky today. The store was filled with new puppy owners looking for things for their precious new fur babies. Well, it is spring almost. This lady had a 12 week old Bernese Mountain puppy. I don't know what got into my little guy today, but he was barking at another customer that strolled in without a pet. He kept barking and would not quiet down. The lady with the Bernese pup told me I should use a choke chain to keep my pup under control. :eek: Then she asked me what kind of mutt is he?:mad: I was so mad could not get any words out of my mouth. Paid for my treats and new toys scooped up my baby and left. I just can't believe the nerve of some ppl using a choke collar of all things to control a dog!:(

The cheek of her calling your CAVALIER a mutt!:mad: I dont think so:mad:
I wont say what I want to say really..I have manners :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

People should learn to keep their opinions to themselves eh? Especially when they're not asked for:mad:

Anyone with any experience of Cav's would never have suggested such a thing. No one has control over what can upset their dog and set it off:rolleyes:

Mutt indeed, I would have been spluttering at that comment like:swear:

What a rude lady! :mad: If it makes you feel any better, my Miles has been called all sorts of things - a Golden Retriever :confused:, Cocker Spaniel, mutt, but the funniest of them all is that an older woman saw me crossing the street with him, and as soon as I got close to her, she said "oh, I though you were walking a cat"!!!! What?!? :eek: I was so shocked! I mean, I know there aren't many Cavaliers in my area (I've only seen 1 - a Blenheim), but seriously, a CAT??? Now if someone thinks he's a Golden it doesn't seem so crazy! :D

Should have said something like "Guess" and then asked her what kind of "mutt" did she have.:)

Actually, it really does not matter. What matters is that you love and care for Tricky, that he is happy and that you are happy with him.

Because Cavaliers are not that common where I live and Clumber Spaniels are even less so (actually everywhere), people frequently ask me if my dogs are mixed breeds, what breed are they or even if they are the same breed :yikes . I just use it as a gentle way to educate people. Sometimes you can tell it does really matter to the person, they were just making conversation, and so you back off, but often people are genuinely interested. I love to talk about different breeds, what attracts people to different breeds, etc.

Give Tricky a :hug: .

What a rude lady! :mad: If it makes you feel any better, my Miles has been called all sorts of things - a Golden Retriever :confused:, Cocker Spaniel, mutt, but the funniest of them all is that an older woman saw me crossing the street with him, and as soon as I got close to her, she said "oh, I though you were walking a cat"!!!! What?!? :eek: I was so shocked! I mean, I know there aren't many Cavaliers in my area (I've only seen 1 - a Blenheim), but seriously, a CAT??? Now if someone thinks he's a Golden it doesn't seem so crazy! :D

I had my king charles in my arms at the childrens farm were I work & someone said to their child ,look at the baby goat
LOL

rubys mom

never mind he maybe thought the same about her at least he knows hes a pedigree thats more than we can say for some ladys out there ooopsicon_whistling

awww... Thanks for the giggles. :flwr: I don't know how anyone would think a puppy resembles a cat or a goat???:confused:

What bothered me about the conversation more is the fact she thought I should use a choke collar to discipline my lil pooper.

Last edited:
rubys mom

well that just goes to prove what i said before about some ladys:rolleyes: as a real pet owner:dogwlk: would never has said such a thing a choker on a cavalier i dont think so:mad: and if a dog carnt bark well whats the point in having one my ruby barks at her own reflection :luv: when shes in one of them moods but thats what she dose best :D

I don't blame you regarding the choker chain. :mad: Those things make me cringe when I see people walking along and yanking their dogs so hard by the throat they are coughing and spitting. You used great restraint I would say. I would have been quite peeved, but it often serves no purpose to get into an argument with someone who is clueless and hateful no matter what. Your baby is absolutely 100% precious cavalier and since dogs have an uncanny sense about people, maybe was trying to tell you something about that person! :rolleyes:

^Just told my dh and he said the same thing! "He's trying to tell you there is something wrong with that lady". I feel small in comparison with Everyday I learn something new about this breed these creatures they are infinitely sensitive and intelligent.

We had a mixed day today me and Titch....on one hand we met another cav in pets at home and instantly he knew and they knew they were the same species!
On the other hand the vet I saw today pur him down on his vaccination log chart as a blenheim :eek:

Hes a goddam tri dont cha know rofl!

Hmmm theres a difference in colour!!

Hey,me,I dont give a fig what colour he is but it is the principle of it lol!

Back