PDA

View Full Version : Insurance for more than one Cav

shippers
14th March 2008, 03:30 PM
Hopefully we will get our new puppy at the end of July if everything goes to plan. I am wondering if anyone can recommend a good insurance company for two Cavaliers? At the moment we are insured with Marks and Spencer but they have recently been taken over by a different insurance company and their premiums and excess is going up. I have seen much better deals for Sally's insurance but I'm thinking which company is best for 2 cavaliers. We would want a policy that covers a condition for life.

Karlin
14th March 2008, 03:51 PM
Keep in mind anything Sally has ever been treated for or which is noted on her records will not be covered by a new insurance company if you move policies. You can discuss this with a new company though but preexisting conditions generally are not covered and that can mean anything noted in the records which may have indicated a condition that comes up later.

Lisa_T
14th March 2008, 05:45 PM
Do the better deals you have seen cover genetic/hereditary conditions? I ask because both of mine are insured with M&S and it costs about £25 a month for the pair of them.

Brian M
14th March 2008, 08:56 PM
Hi
I just mentioned on a previous post "Petpals" they insure my three for life and they do offer a multiple discount

shippers
15th March 2008, 03:46 PM
Thanks for that Brian. Does Pet Pals cover hereditary conditions? Have you ever claimed and do they pay out without any trouble?

Rj Mac
15th March 2008, 03:52 PM
All 3 of our dogs are insured on the 1 policy with Direct Line, been with them since Jake was a pup, and their prices are very good, and customer service has always been top notch for us :)