• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

insuring your cav

rocky

can you please tell me if a life insurance is better to take out than a yearly one i am still on my 6 weeks free insurance but runs out in about ten days time. if you take out a yearly one and they have problems with their heart for example does that mean when your year is up they wont insure you for this again i don't quite understand how this works.The life insurance that i got a quote for was £31.00 a month its so much to pay especially when it does'nt cover a lot of your vet bills

If you are in the UK, AXA are by far the best I have found, reasonable price, about £200 less than M&S (AXA actually underwrites M&S who are good but costs lots more) and they cover the condition for life. Most companies only cover a condition for 12 months. The excess is £50 which is the lowest I have found as most are £70.

Get a quote:
http://www.axa.co.uk/pet/index.html

great i'll check that out, or rather my hubbie will , i've just told him and he said he'll check on computer tomorrow he's just off out to work now, i leave all the boring jobs to him

Hi
Definately go for life i do my three with Petpals each about £24.00 a month i was going to go with Petplan but Petpals call centre was uk based,and all i thought was that in a possible time of stress i wanted somebody that spoke UK english.

In France, it is very expensive ! about 45€ for one dog. And they have bad conditions. For example, you must wait six months to receive the payment of your visit to the vet ! I don't have an insurance because it doesn't cover the vet bills and so do a lot of people !

Heck, it's tough enough taking care of insurance for the two legged members of our family. When Charlie McFarlie feels bad, we pull out the wallet and take him to the vet.... :xfngr:

I've been searching for an insurance company recently and I find Argos Platinum cover to be the best for UK based customers. It covers conditions for life and £60 excess. Think it's about £12-13 a month. If you buy policy via the link www.quidco.com you also get £20 cashback! I bought my car insurance through Churchill via this website and I got £100 cashback and the cheapest premium I could find. Worth a look

I find Argos Platinum cover to be the best for UK based customers. It covers conditions for life and £60 excess.

Hmmm... in the small print on the Argos pet insurance web site, it says(for the Platinum cover):

**Ongoing cover provided up to £7,000 per incident subject to premiums paid and up to date and policy renewed.

I may be misunderstanding the wording(?) but to me that means after the £7,000 is up, that's it.

With AXA, you get up to £7,000 each year for the condition.

It's worth checking out. I will have to right a list of questions and ring them up. I will let you know the outcome.

Insurance

We got 6 wks free insurance with the kennel club after that it was going to cost us about £25 a month per dog. We shopped around and found that More Than was the best choice for us. They cover for life and cover all illnesses. We are also covered for up to a million in case of any damage the fur babies do to anyone or their property. We now pay £12.99 pm per dog. Have a good look around, there are loads of insurance companies. Asda and Tesco are supposed to be quite good value aswell.

We shopped around and found that More Than was the best choice for us. They cover for life and cover all illnesses.

I checked them out. They don't cover for life, they pay up to £7000 per condition. They don't continue to pay after the £7000 is up. What you want to look for is cover for life of the condition.

Quote from their web site:

"Up to £7,000 vets fees cover for each and every new accident and illness."

You've got to read the small print.

I am with Esure, my 2 cost me about £22 per month and thats for the life policy.

When we only had Harvey it was £10.80 per month. Just another company to try.

Good Luck.

Anna (Mum of Harvey & Rudi)

we're currently with Petplan, £30 for 1 and £25 for the other, can't seem to get quotes for much less than that with the same cover I think it must be due to where I live,

Back